WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

1 minute ago, JamesHatch said:

I hold both companies in high regard, and I know both kits will be superb.

I'm part way through the HK kit, and when the WNW lands, I'll enjoy building that too!

It's a tough job, James, but somebody has to do it.

I hold both companies in high regard and have built all HK models And many WNW , i dont have a favourite as up to now they have both offered me something different, i do know though that WNW will produce the better lancaster, as far as I am concerned and sadly this will cost HK the sale of three or 4 kits over the next few years, im sure they wont give a toss about me, but if 3-400 feel the same ........

On 10/16/2018 at 7:49 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

HK has been working on their kit for a LOT longer than two years (closer to 8-10), but no company is likely to be gentlemanly when it comes to this sort of thing.  Competition is what it is.

This is not true Jennings and you know it, please provide a source of this because all reliable info is pointing to WNW having first research on this kit.

One thing that can not be denied, this topic started by Seiran on 28th of Sept just a few weeks ago, wow when I read it I had to do several double checks, body pinches too, we knew HKM's kit was already announced, then news filtered in that WNW had a Lanc in the works already

But keeping it good, keeping it cool.

HKM or WNW, its LSP news of the century, Tamiya ... you drama queen keeping us waiting and teased for so long for something new :) fed up waiting for your next one, WNW and HKM Lancaster 1/32 and choices too are here for us while you mess about in other scales :)

These are good times, this thread alone has 36 pages already ... Thanks Seiran, colossal amount of views and hits and several other Lancaster Threads too, here and all over the various modelling forums, this is big news, big exciting times for all of us

Thank you HKM and WNW for spicing up 1/32 Large Scale Planes and Modelling, it was getting a bit stale, now its fresh again :)

Edited by Southern Bandit
Edited out inappropriate personal commentary.

17 hours ago, JamesHatch said:

I hold both companies in high regard, and I know both kits will be superb.

I'm part way through the HK kit, and when the WNW lands, I'll enjoy building that too!

Are you posting your build online? If so, where can I find it?

I really don't see why some people on here are taking some things so seriously and/or personally. Yes it is great that there will be two options for buying a fantastic well loved famous (and best) four engine bomber. The diss'in of one kit over an other is something that i find personally childish. Yes i know there are 'rivet counters' who crave for the perfect kit and will pay the earth for such. More power to them. But i for one cannot afford such high value kits (also SWMBO would never allow me to buy it) and know my modelling limitations. I could never do the WNW kit any justice.

What i'm basically trying to say that yes, the HK kit might have more flaws than the WNW kit (presumably) but please don't write off a kit just because of it. Some people can probably only afford the HK kit and therefore their right to buy it should be respected. As should the right of those buying the WNW. There seems to be a trend on here and other forums of bashing a kit just because it's not the most expensive or exclusive to buy.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone because i really don't intend it to. I don't post much on here but i certainly admire those on here with more talent and knowledge then i do :)

Edited by flounder_al

2 hours ago, flounder_al said:

Some people can probably only afford the HK kit and therefore their right to buy it should be respected. As should the right of those buying the WNW. There seems to be a trend on here and other forums of bashing a kit just because it's not the most expensive or exclusive to buy.

Especially considering there are still a lot of people here who still enjoy tackling the ancient Revell kits from decades ago. Why are those kits given a pass but HKM is considered beneath some people?

10 hours ago, flounder_al said:

I really don't see why some people on here are taking some things so seriously and/or personally. Yes it is great that there will be two options for buying a fantastic well loved famous (and best) four engine bomber. The diss'in of one kit over an other is something that i find personally childish. Yes i know there are 'rivet counters' who crave for the perfect kit and will pay the earth for such. More power to them. But i for one cannot afford such high value kits (also SWMBO would never allow me to buy it) and know my modelling limitations. I could never do the WNW kit any justice.

What i'm basically trying to say that yes, the HK kit might have more flaws than the WNW kit (presumably) but please don't write off a kit just because of it. Some people can probably only afford the HK kit and therefore their right to buy it should be respected. As should the right of those buying the WNW. There seems to be a trend on here and other forums of bashing a kit just because it's not the most expensive or exclusive to buy.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone because i really don't intend it to. I don't post much on here but i certainly admire those on here with more talent and knowledge then i do :)

Spot On!!!   If someone does take offense, they fall in the childish category.

This tendency to be partisan by manufacturer reminds me of the similar issue over the Revell vs ZM He219.

I don't want to reactivate that debate, merely to highlight that differing manufacturers take differing approaches. Accuracy is an issue no doubt, but for many modellers price is too! I'm lucky enough to be able to spring for current ZM kits if I'm interested, but I can also recall having MUCH soul searching in my younger (and less well off!) days if I was looking at the Hasegawa Hi Grade (or Trimaster in 48) models that were then cutting edge.  Some I simply couldn't afford back in the day.

Of course, both of these Lancasters will make a dent in most people's wallets :whistle:

TT TT TT TTTT!!

What's that Skippy, the Wilson twins have wandered off into the Outback?

TT TT TT TTTT!!

And little Timmy Wilson has fallen down a mine shaft?!

TT TT TT TTTT!!

And he's broken his leg, but Miner Bill can't use the winch because the drive shaft is broken!!??

TT TT TT TTTT!!

You just want the apple in my pocket, don't you, Skip....

T