WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

2 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

*SIGH*. Another year of this back and forth until the WNW kit finally gets released.

Yup...sadly you might be right.....I'm not going to comment any longer on it,I've had my say.....WNW will be out in less than a year, and many LS modelers will wait..and the tone will change again.

44 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

HK's gotten hit before too. The Do335 from ZM,  they were planning a

MkVI Mosquito but Tamiya jumped in.  It's like a global plot against HK  :o

In the case of the Do335, I don’t think ZM releasing their kit had much affect on their sales, but if it did, HK have themselves to blame by not following up with their initial B-2 release with the three other kits.  In fact, the HK B-2 was released in 2014 and the A-0 was released in 2015, before Z-M did their first A-0 release in 2016.  In other words, HK had the 1/32 Do335 market to themselves for a year or two.  Z-M released their A-12 first a year or so ago, but by that time HK hadn’t released any other Do335 version for a couple or years, and STILL haven’t released their B-6, which was heralded on the side of the box way back on the first release.

Regarding the Mossie, there is nothing preventing HK from releasing their FB version, Tamiya or not.  Price wise, the HK kit is cheaper.  If people prefer to pay more for the Tamiya kit, it’s because it’s more detailed, plus doesn’t have noticeable issues like the wing root radiator shape.  It’s not Tamiya’s fault they made a better kit.

Tamiya historically hasn’t cared what others have released and have always done their own thing.  I think the WNW Lanc is a boutique project directly related to Peter Jackson’s Dambusters movie project.  I don’t think either Tamiya nor WNW have any intention to spike HK’s releases as I don’t think HK is even on their radar.  Besides, there is no one competing with their Meteor, B-17, or B-25 kits.  I don’t see any anti-HK conspiracy.  If they are really worried about it, they need to pop out their F-4K and P-51B/C kits soon and not sit on them.

Edited by Dave Williams

9 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

[HK]... need to pop out their F-4K and P-51B/C kits soon and not sit on them.

Agreed. I'm buying at least one McDonnell-Rolls F-4K regardless of any perceived or real shape, detail or texture issues, assuming I remain alive to buy it when it does eventually emerge.

Apologies if this offends purists of the noble "we can wait" order, but I can't wait forever for a perfect kit and would rather have a mostly accurate one VERY SOONISH.

Tony

I think its important to throw this in here, HK and WNW are not enemies merely producing the same subject in different ways.  

The main differences in between the HK and WNW projects are the relative sizes of the project teams involved together with the resources available in terms of finances, staffing and accessibility to research material. 

That said, the approaches of both companies to the same subject will be entirely different as would be the case with any two companies or indeed individuals setting out on any project. 

I do think its a little unfair speculating on deficiency in accuracy or otherwise of either kit until they are seen in the flesh. 

2 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

I think its important to throw this in here, HK and WNW are not enemies merely producing the same subject in different ways.  

I do think its a little unfair speculating on deficiency in accuracy or otherwise of either kit until they are seen in the flesh. 

Well said Pharty!

What strikes me from the comments is the assuredness with which people write. Two kits, neither launched yet, test-shots only seen by a very few souls, the WNW kit with no pricing information whatsoever.

It seems to me that people's regard for each company is driving what they think of the respective models, with many people "taking sides", flinging low grade shade at the "opposition".

I suppose it's human nature. I'd hazard a guess that I've got more WNW kits in the stash than most - LSP_Mike excluded - but I'd love HK's to be successful. Maybe I like underdogs?