WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

Probably ought to merge this with the other, bigger threads on the kits.

Regarding HKM redesigning the kit for the stressed fuselage look, I’d say there is zero chance they will do that.  First, the molds are pretty near final, and I don’t see them taking the considerable time and money to redo them.  Plus, don’t know how the stressed skin effect would work with the clear fuselage parts.  Finally,  not everyone is convinced on the “oil canning” effect, which may be overdone on the wings.

WN says that they have been working on theirs for 8 years. Everyone knew that HK was working on theirs for at least 2.

WN could have warned them since they had the lead. 

I just wish these companies spoke to each other.

I don’t think any company is under any obligation to warn or talk to other companies and let them know what they are working on.  In the past other companies claim have been shafted when they announced something years in advance, and got got undercut when someone else beat them to the punch.  That’s the free market.  Besides, if WNW has been researching for 8 years, it may not have been clear way back then that the company would be successful and that the kit would ever be released.

For mine the stressed skin look on the WnW test is way overdone. If you scaled up the 'bulge' each panel would be popping out a 20mm or so and that just doesn't happen.
Once you get away from the fuselage this effect diminishes quickly and also photos show the light at the time can almost render this effect void.
If you look through the photos in the book "Ton-up Lancs" where all the photos are of aircraft with 100 missions or more on the air frames there is hardly any sight on this even in semi close-up photos, those that do show the effect it's so subtle it would disappear in 1:35 scale. So I'd prefer none at all or a very very subtle approach when it comes to this.

7 hours ago, robertmro said:

WN says that they have been working on theirs for 8 years. Everyone knew that HK was working on theirs for at least 2.

WN could have warned them since they had the lead. 

I just wish these companies spoke to each other.

There are rules against such discourse!

They are called 'Competition Laws'

2 hours ago, Shoggz said:

There are rules against such discourse!

They are called 'Competition Laws'

Model companies who have choosen to do so have let everyone (general public, competitors, etc.) know what they are working forever.  They can put out catalogs showing future releases (Trumpeter TBD, anyone?), show CAD renders (AFV Club F-104 and many others), or just make announcements (Tan Model kits, Trumpeter Jaguar, AM Beaufighters, etc.).  Other companies have a free choice to make make their own kit or not to compete.  Not sure about the specifics of any laws, but even it WNWs had called up HK and told them they were working on a Lanc, I doubt it would have been illegal unless they threatened HK in some way to not release their own kit.

"'HK has been working on their kit for a LOT longer than two years (closer to 8-10)."     10????

I do apologize sir....but this is not only a gross exaggeration but quite inflammatory..

again,sorry to take you to task but..There is nothing more deceptive than an invented fact.