WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

WNW has announced that they're going to try to keep the Lanc priced about the same as the Felixstowe...

Didn't someone say it'd be below $400?

Hmmm....

Who was that...

??

Edited by Gazzas
typo

I note with interest the following passage regarding the Lancaster in the newsletter emailed out today:

please note that this is entirely 100% a Wingnut Wings model and shares nothing with any computer modelling and/or scanning carried out by Weta Digital etc for Peter Jackson’s Dambusters movie project (which “remains in development”). In any case, wire frame CGI movie models are completely unsuitable for creating scale model kitsets.

And also:

Price is still to be confirmed, but we are doing what we can to keep it as low as possible and hope it will only be slightly more than 32801 Felixstowe F.2a & Hansa-Brandenburg W.29 "The Duellists".

Kev

If it is the price or even matched the near £400 for the HK then the WNW is the one for me as this is what I was hoping for in the HK kit.

Graham

32043 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III in development for release in late 2019. 66cm x 97cm (or 66cm x 28cm with outer wings removed). Highly detailed RR Merlin XX (for B.Mk.1) or Packard V-1650-1 Merlin 28 (for B.Mk.III). Internal canopy framing. Dropped flaps. Removable outboard wing sections for ease of display. WWII era fabric covered elevators. European theatre radiators and nacelle intakes. Optional early & late tailwheels, unweighted or weighted (with full bomb load) main wheels, H2s Radar, 500lb (UK & USA), 1000lb, 4000lb “Cookie” and SBC bombs, FN.20 or FN.120 rear turret with optional cut away perspex, early & late bomb aimer’s blisters & windows. Optional dummy engine blocks so you don’t need to assemble complete engines to build model. Early DH.5/40 (needle) & late A5/138 (paddle) type propellers & spinners.

On 10/5/2018 at 10:13 AM, Kagemusha said:

I heard it was going to cost £249.49 - it was from next door's dog, but still as valid as the other price speculations, though Rex was adamant.

1 hour ago, JamesHatch said:

$349 is currently showing as £266 on XE.com 

A positive exchanged rate fluctuation and Rex could be spot on.

12 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I have no idea, to be honest. I buy my models by the kilo.

Kev

WNW site prices are always listed at USD...  unless there's another version of the site I haven't found yet.

Gaz

I specifically wanted to do a later Lanc with H2s, paddle blade props and whatnot, I've already done two of the Tamiya Lancs, one as a Dambuster and the other as an early Mk.1, so this looks like the job for me.

The HK Lanc looks a good kit, but I first thought it came with all the necessary options to do the later type, also, I don't want to fork out a lot of dosh for all those extra clear parts that I simply won't use. It'll be interesting to see what future boxings will entail/cost.

On 10/7/2018 at 10:10 AM, Gerhard said:

I think WnW are pricing themselves out of the market, Good kits , yes, affordable, no. 

They won't, because they'll only make a relatively small amount, like they do with all their kits.

The prospect of "sold out" signs becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, as people buy to get one before they sell out.

And as it's WWII, the market will be bigger than usual, so more people will buy than normal.

I expect the Lanc to sell out very quickly indeed, just a couple of months.

Very clever of WNW.