WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

Maybe Mark, but I stand by what I said. They keep selling out of kits because a) The are deemed to be good kits b) they only make so many. They were also the only manufacturers that really did WW I stuff, now they are jumping into the big pool with WW II. Let's see.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:29 AM, ssculptor said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

:punk:

How can I say that?

I have been to hobby shows where sample kit boxes were on display yet the model never appeared on the market.

Hi S

Wingnut don't do pranks or fail to issue what they announce is moving towards release. The kit's apparently been eight years in development; hardly surprising given their WWI release schedule and devotion to quality and accuracy. 

TTFN

Steve

3 hours ago, Gerhard said:

I think WnW are pricing themselves out of the market, Good kits , yes, affordable, no. 

Pricing themselves out of the massive market for 1/32 scale Lancasters or out of the market in general?

I'd say that most folks who can afford the HK kit probably have the means to spend some additional money for what appears to be a much superior kit.  If you are referring to their kits in general, I'd say no.  Quality costs money.   Folks have no issues buying Tamiya large scale kits, WNW's products are priced comparably.   If you don't want to spend the money, there are always lower tier outfits like Kitty Hawk as an option. 

interesting to see the Italian Aces of WW1 book as well as a Brequet 14 Datafile there lurking in the background in that pic - maybe hints towards the newsletter comment; "He has also since completed another couple of new (WW1) models that we’re not quite ready to reveal just yet."

very glad to see more WW1 subjects coming....

Newsletter also showed the Halberstadt preorder as $129.00

Edited by petrov27

4 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

They're also hoping that it'll come in just slightly higher than the Felixstowe Duellist combo.  So maybe $400 or so?

Carl

If they will set the price slighlty above the combo, It will be almost the same price as for the HK one. In that case I think I will change my mind and go only for both WNW versions of Lanc.

jan

2 minutes ago, Trak-Tor said:

Well, I can imagine I could fit the one without the wings somewhere...

With the outer wings removed its only 66x28cm Juraj :)

so not big deal to display

What I really like are all the options which should be included and mostly the dummy engine blocks, which will speed up the build at least for me

jan

32043 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III in development for release in late 2019. 66cm x 97cm (or 66cm x 28cm with outer wings removed). Highly detailed RR Merlin XX (for B.Mk.1) or Packard V-1650-1 Merlin 28 (for B.Mk.III). Internal canopy framing. Dropped flaps. Removable outboard wing sections for ease of display. WWII era fabric covered elevators. European theatre radiators and nacelle intakes. Optional early & late tailwheels, unweighted or weighted (with full bomb load) main wheels, H2s Radar, 500lb (UK & USA), 1000lb, 4000lb “Cookie” and SBC bombs, FN.20 or FN.120 rear turret with optional cut away perspex, early & late bomb aimer’s blisters & windows. Optional dummy engine blocks so you don’t need to assemble complete engines to build model. Early DH.5/40 (needle) & late A5/138 (paddle) type propellers & spinners.

The 'clipped wing' Lanc in the foreground looks interesting; it even has the 'window' dispenser under the starboard nose and most of the fuselage windows omitted, though 2 left in for some reason. Looks very very good though. Personally I think all the speculation about its price is a total waste of time, WnW has its own pricing policy and will decide what it's going to be irrespective of all that's been written.

Edited by mozart