WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

I asked my cats what they thought. They looked at me like I was stupid and went back to sleep.

A bit off topic, but they do have an interest in getting into a large 1/32 Lancaster kit box. It would save me buying them new beds, which offsets the price of the kit, which makes it cheaper....

41 minutes ago, DonH said:

I asked my cats what they thought. They looked at me like I was stupid and went back to sleep.

A bit off topic, but they do have an interest in getting into a large 1/32 Lancaster kit box. It would save me buying them new beds, which offsets the price of the kit, which makes it cheaper....

Cool story, what we wont think up to convince ourselves. :lol:

I asked my son what he thought, he just wanted to know how much a big Lancaster would increase the value of my stash by for when I kick the bucket!

Nice.

Courage Best in my local boozer was 27p a pint in 1978 - rough cider 14p.:frantic:

Edited by CharmyDown
Grammer

16 hours ago, Tony T said:

I wish Rex could remember the 1/72 Revell Memphis Belle B-17 and Dambuster Lancaster circa 1966; I remember somebody correcting me that it wasn't 7s/6d but rather something like 9 shillings (what we now call about 45p).

Even allowing for the "beer-o-meter" forty year factor (32p a pint for Courages Best Bitter in 1978), now costing £3.60-4.00 for substitute dross, buying a 1/32 Lanc now is like spending £30 back then - yikes! Enough to wine & dine two fine young ladies for a month.

My great grandchildren will say, "silly old bu**ger, whot's this plastik thing he never finished. But it's a cute box. Whot's it werth?"

Tony

I remember the 1/48 bombers cost about $10. But then again, there were no decent glues, decal setting solutions, or paints.

I remember thinking how expensive the 1/48 Tamiya F-15A kit was back in 1979: £7.99, or 23 pints of beer. 

Think the same scale Monogram F-4s cost about £4.50 in the early 1980s, and the A-7B and F-100D about £3.99, so spending £10.50 on the first two of then all-new Hasegawa F-4s in 1983 took a bit of a mind shift. 

It's hard justifying a kit that costs more than a new iPad, but there is a lot of plastic in those boxes. 

Tony 

On 10/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, Tony T said:

I wish Rex could remember the 1/72 Revell Memphis Belle B-17 and Dambuster Lancaster circa 1966; I remember somebody correcting me that it wasn't 7s/6d but rather something like 9 shillings (what we now call about 45p).

In the U.S. , the 1/72 Revell B-24J was first in 1958 at $.98

B-17and Lanc were 1963 at $1.98

BIG money back then :o

1 hour ago, Gerhard said:

I think WnW are pricing themselves out of the market, Good kits , yes, affordable, no. 

It think it might be better to wait till we know the actual price before saying WNW are pricing themselves out of the market, particularly given that (a) they keep selling out of kits, and (b) the kits on the secondary market often command multiples of the original price.