WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

If you're right about an approximate US $423 sticker then, at the current exchange rate, £400 for WnW Dambuster that is an OOTB experience might just clinch it. 

What I don't want is a £400 HKM with £200 of aftermarket to make a Dambuster - too much money.

Tony 

Personally, I am expecting the HKM example to be around $600 AUD since the B17 is $440ish. So WNW will probably be way beyond that, although they might surprise us. It's all very well justifying a kit on a per hour of modelling basis, but that only works if you actually build it. Many of these, both the HKM and the WNW will probably remain as stash queens.

Steve

Edited by Bradleygolding

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

If you're right about an approximate US $423 sticker then, at the current exchange rate, £400 for WnW Dambuster that is an OOTB experience might just clinch it. 

What I don't want is a £400 HKM with £200 of aftermarket to make a Dambuster - too much money.

Tony 

Where did the £200 come from? That would be twice the price of my spiteful/seafang....

Graham

On 10/4/2018 at 1:37 AM, Kagemusha said:

Both kits available to pre-order at Hannants... 

My Hannants Back-Order list is nuts:

HB Consolidated B-24J Liberator

HK Avro Lancaster B.I-III (expected October-November...

ICM Polikarpov I-16 type 29 WWII Soviet Fighter (Next...

ICM Polikarpov I-153 (winter version) WWII Soviet Figh...

Lukagraph Nieuport Ni.29C-1 (expected in September)

Lukagraph Nakajima Ko-4 (expected in September)

SH North-American P-51 Mustang Mk.I

SH Hansa-Brandenburg C.I

SH North-American P-51 Mustang Mk.IA

SH Fiat G.55

SH Macchi C.200 Saetta Early Version

SH Hawker Typhoon Mk.I 'Car Door'

WNW Halberstadt Cl.II (expected January 2019) -193 hi...

WNW AMC DH.2 “Lanoe Hawker” -Plastic parts the s...

WNW Sopwith Triplane “Raymond Collishaw” -Plasti...

I need to prune it a bit. 

Having said that, great time to be a 1/32 aviation modeller, especially WWII and prior subjects.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:07 AM, Smeds said:

I have pre ordered and paid for my HK Lancaster kit. I paid £340 posted. I suspect the WNW kit will be considerably more expensive. I have seen a figure of $999, of course speculation, but who knows.

Where have you see $999 quoted?!?!

That's off the scale.

On 10/4/2018 at 11:45 AM, Bradleygolding said:

Yes Jan, I can imagine a warehouse like that at the end of "Raiders.." only the crates are WNW Lancaster Kits ready to go! I can imagine that there has been some kind of agreement between WNW and HKM, not to put them out at the same time. I would expect to see a test build at Telford as well. Just my two cents of course.

Steve

HKM and WNW are, I believe, aimed at different market segments. The former is a good quality kit, the latter the best available quality, and they'll be priced accordingly. Personally, based on naff-all, I suspect the price difference will be larger than most people expect.

19 hours ago, ringleheim said:

500 pounds or $650 US seems way too high for the Lancasters, but who knows.

All I have to work with is prices for past WNW kits.  The Felixstowes are pretty large, elaborate kits and they were able to offer those for  $269 (US).

I would think the Lancaster will certainly be more expensive, accounting for the passage of time since the Felixstowes were released if nothing else.

But more than double?  I don't know.  

I'll say $350 to $400 US, or like 270 to 300 pounds.

Will be interesting to see how wrong I am !

:lol:

If they are price at £300, they'll sell like the proverbial hot cakes!!

I admire your optimism, sir.

10 hours ago, cib2265 said:

I reckon up to $600AUD is a worthy price - say 150 to 200% of a Felixstowe

The $ per hour entertainment in building this behemoth - let alone admiring it in its pride of place in your display cabinet - is cheap. Super cheap. 

There's at least 100 hours of construction and painting - let alone weathering - so that's about $6AUD ($4USD/2.50GBP) per hour.

Cheap. Stop worrying about the price. 

£250?

I'll have two of whatever you're drinking, please.

7 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I heard it was going to cost £249.49 - it was from next door's dog, but still as valid as the other price speculations, though Rex was adamant.

Did Rex use absorption costing, based upon notional money values, the Felixstowe price, inflation of 3.5%, adjusted for the HK B-17 prices, increased logistical costs, multiple tooling adjustments & 20% VAT?

My dogs are arguing, Ollie says no way it'll be below £500, Scooby says £600.

I think I'll add the WNW Lanc to my pre-order. Just in case it's reasonably priced.  

19 hours ago, GrahamF said:

Where did the £200 come from? That would be twice the price of my spiteful/seafang....

Graham

All the Archers rivets, probably.

Looking forward to your Sea Vixen, vista whenever. Keep going, please.......!

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
rhyme and reason

2 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Did Rex use absorption costing, based upon notional money values, the Felixstowe price, inflation of 3.5%, adjusted for the HK B-17 prices, increased logistical costs, multiple tooling adjustments & 20% VAT?

My dogs are arguing, Ollie says no way it'll be below £500, Scooby says £600.

Rex factored in everything - he has a doctorate in economics - apart from Brexit, he's a very clever dog!

12 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I heard it was going to cost £249.49 - it was from next door's dog, but still as valid as the other price speculations, though Rex was adamant.

That's not what my neighborhood dog says, of course I think he may be brain damaged from running into too many cars.

I don't really like the things my dog says; they're very unnerving. 

The guy who sold me the dog claims his former neighbor was a bad influence on the animal and got it involved in some felonies a while back. Some dude named Berkowitz...

Edited by CATCplSlade
Stupid giant ogre hands pawing at tiny electronic device.

I wish Rex could remember the 1/72 Revell Memphis Belle B-17 and Dambuster Lancaster circa 1966; I remember somebody correcting me that it wasn't 7s/6d but rather something like 9 shillings (what we now call about 45p).

Even allowing for the "beer-o-meter" forty year factor (32p a pint for Courages Best Bitter in 1978), now costing £3.60-4.00 for substitute dross, buying a 1/32 Lanc now is like spending £30 back then - yikes! Enough to wine & dine two fine young ladies for a month.

My great grandchildren will say, "silly old bu**ger, whot's this plastik thing he never finished. But it's a cute box. Whot's it werth?"

Tony

Edited by Tony T
Arithmetic