WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

The images released sure look nice ...

I can certainly understand the desire for oil canning ... especially on the standard Mk.I/III.

I have a question though ...

Were the special Upkeep modified Lancs at 617 squadron new? ... As in - was the modification done during or just after the factory build?

If so ... would the A/C have had the chance to develop the oil canning effect prior to the mission? :hmmm:

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

I think the surface detail will look great under paint - and, yes, sheen is good and something I try to replicate as applicable on stuff I build.

To say I'm a little blown away with this announcement/images would be an understatement - I can't wait to get my paws on one!

Iain

35 minutes ago, Iain (32SIG) said:

I think the surface detail will look great under paint - and, yes, sheen is good and something I try to replicate as applicable on stuff I build.

To say I'm a little blown away with this announcement/images would be an understatement - I can't wait to get my paws on one!

Iain

I know hey!?

6 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Both kits available to pre-order at Hannants... 

So how does a pre-order at Hannant's work again? You pay when it comes in stock ... right? Their price is understandably TBA right now, but I should probably get an order in for the Dambuster kit just now because as expensive as these kits are likely to be I have a feeling they will sell out fast.

20 hours ago, Bradleygolding said:

I actually suspect that it is already a finished product ready to sell.

I think the same Steve

It looks like it's ready or almost ready product. They are slowly feeding us with new pics and info and starting up the madness around it

And many sellers will follow the Hannants approach with preorders just to secure feature cash for this

jan

Edited by Jan_G

I have pre ordered and paid for my HK Lancaster kit. I paid £340 posted. I suspect the WNW kit will be considerably more expensive. I have seen a figure of $999, of course speculation, but who knows.

1 hour ago, Smeds said:

I have pre ordered and paid for my HK Lancaster kit. I paid £340 posted. I suspect the WNW kit will be considerably more expensive. I have seen a figure of $999, of course speculation, but who knows.

I doubt $999, my guess is £500/550 ish, we'll see, but off to pre-order my WNW Dambuster now.

EDIT: Done, WNW Dambuster pre-ordered from Hannant's for the 10% discount, hope markings for Guy Gibson's aircraft are included (bound to be) and that figures (inc the dog, Hint Hint WNW if you are reading) are later released, standing ones as they have done for some of their WW1 aircraft ... kit of the century IMHO, had to be done :)

Edited by Southern Bandit
update

1 hour ago, Jan_G said:

I think the same Steve

It looks like it's ready or almost ready product. They are slowly feeding us with new pics and info and starting up the madness around it

And many sellers will follow the Hannants approach with preorders just to secure feature cash for this

jan

Yes Jan, I can imagine a warehouse like that at the end of "Raiders.." only the crates are WNW Lancaster Kits ready to go! I can imagine that there has been some kind of agreement between WNW and HKM, not to put them out at the same time. I would expect to see a test build at Telford as well. Just my two cents of course.

Steve