WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

Looks great so far.

I always wondered why manufacturers doesnt make raised rivets. Also overlapping panels. 

Anyway cnc machine does incredible things nowdays and you havenot have to do this by hand. And 3d sotwares also have great abilities.

It is very interesting what final result will look like.

Most intresting times for 32 scale modelers

maybe it looks little overdone on the pics but don't forget that these are the first test shots and more than one year old (July 2017)

so they will get it right, don't worry :D

and it looks that those photos were taken with the aim to make canning effect visible. 

jan

3 hours ago, Bradleygolding said:

Looking at that video, I would say that all of the 'Oil Canning' is overdone!

Steve

Still looks superior to HK. 

Edited by John1

31 minutes ago, Cees Broere said:

Which doesn't have oilcanning detail.

I believe it was supposed to Cees.

Anyway I think they will both be outstanding models, and since these photos are over a year old I would have expected a significant amount of progress to have been made.

Like I posted earlier, when will we see a test build? I actually suspect that it is already a finished product ready to sell.

Steve

Edited by Bradleygolding

10 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

I only go (generally) by what I see in the photos I have to hand. This George photo, for instance, appears flatter than flat, at least to me.

nYkrp1.jpg

Is he repainting the George by throwing a bucket of paint on it? Literally? 

WNW is slowly adding more new pics on their website

We will get 2 different engines for the regular bomber version - RR Merlin XX and Merlin 28

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3193&cat=5

info from the website:

Model features

32043 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III in development for release in late 2019. Highly detailed RR Merlin XX (for B.Mk.1) or Packard V-1650-1 Merlin 28 (for B.Mk.III). Internal canopy framing. Dropped flaps. Removable outboard wing sections for ease of display. WWII era fabric covered elevators. European theatre radiators and nacelle intakes. Optional early & late tailwheels, unweighted or weighted (with full bomb load) main wheels, H2s Radar, 500lb (UK & USA), 1000lb, 4000lb “Cookie” and SBC bombs, FN.20 or FN.120 rear turret with optional cut away perspex, early & late bomb aimer’s blisters & windows. Optional dummy engine blocks so you don’t need to assemble complete engines to build model. Early DH.5/40 (needle) & late A5/138 (paddle) type propellers & spinners.

and engine nacelle detail for Dambuster version

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3194&cat=5

Model features

32044 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III “Dambusters” in development for release in late 2019. Highly detailed Packard V-1650-1 Merlin 28. Internal canopy framing. Dropped flaps. Removable outboard wing sections for ease of display. WWII era fabric covered elevators. European theatre radiators and nacelle intakes. Operation Chastise Type 464 (Provisioning) “Dambusters” specific parts include Upkeep mine & mount, bomb bay fairings, mid-upper turret fairing and spot lamps.  

this will be definitive kit in 1/32 :bow:

jan