WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

8 minutes ago, PhilB said:

In order to try and defuse what seems to be becoming a bit of a "diversion" on this topic and to provide some balance, here's Winnie.

:D:lol:

is8.jpg

Apparently, one of his female staff informed him after the fact, that he gave the V-sign the wrong way around, and what this actually meant. He was supposedly quite amused.

1 hour ago, JamesHatch said:

Apparently, one of his female staff informed him after the fact, that he gave the V-sign the wrong way around, and what this actually meant. He was supposedly quite amused.

Needless to say the media probably weren't half as triggered as they'd be today!

Rog :)

My adoptive father, who was a RAD/NAV on Beaufighters and Mosquito's 44-45, and who said he lost about a quarter of his grammar school classmates in Bomber Command, told me about the amusing Churchill victory fingers about fifty years ago. It was the source of considerable amusement in a time fraught with danger and uncertainty. 

Tony 

OK, If the WNW lanc is a year -odd out, surely that provides a sales window for HK to operate in. Everything I've seen shows the HK Lanc would be what I want. I'd take odds that Eduard will have 5+ PE sets for this plane, and maybe more. I'm actually thinking of buying one. Just to have a Dambuster Lanc in my stash would be ...yuge.  Yes, a WNW kit of the Lanc would set the bar higher, but I like the HK kits I have, and we all will vote with our wallets at some point.

Sidebar- The hobbyboss B-24 looks interesting as well.

I'm waiting for the ~£140 B-24D to build as a Navy anti-sub plane, and if I actually finish it I can better justify procuring the more expensive Avro.

At the moment it's a question of dangle or wall mount. Wall mounting is likely to win, which may swing it in favour of the HK offering. Wondering if Hobby Boss will offer anything like that - will see the J soon enough to find out. Otherwise it's a trip to the fishing tackle shop.

Tony 

That Peter Jackson would be interested in producing a Lancaster kit should come as no surprise. He is after all developing a new Dambusters movie, and perhaps the kit is aimed to tie in with that.

Modeling and movies......two totally different things that have nothing to do with each other. So to say that he need's a movie and a model, that's just ridiculous. WNW stoot for W.W.1, and now they turns their directions to W.W.2, i'll find this very strange. Sad to see HK will have a very hard to beat contestor, but hey, you guy's forget how HK got their first release of the B-25.

I'm not a bomber guy, so i don't care about how things go with WNW or HK, but i'll find it very sad to see, that a firm quality W.W.1 producer turns into a second W.W.2 small market contributor. That said, i'm glad you guy's have something to look forward, glad i'm not into W.W.1 and W.W.2 anymore.:evil_laugh:

15 hours ago, John1 said:

Maybe HK should learn a lesson or two from this?

A) Follow the lead of most other companies and don’t announce a kit far in advance.  

B )  once you have announced it, get the damned thing out the door ASAP.   

Maybe your right. Neil is a true gent and a modeller first and foremost who wants to share his passion with others. its entirely possible that this same enthusiasm has prodded the large companies towards the same markets. Time will tell.  

1 hour ago, DannyVM said:

WNW stoot for W.W.1, and now they turns their directions to W.W.2, i'll find this very strange. 

How bizarre.   A company expands it’s product line into a new market sector. I still hold a lot of anger against Apple when they couldn’t be happy just making desktop computers and selfishly and strangly got into the phone market.  

#blackberriesforever.  

19 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Any development in this hobby is welcome but I do feel that Neil and HK models have yet again been well and truly kicked in the tabs! 

It appears that whichever way HK decide to turn, they seem to get headed off at the pass. 

Well, we may similarly look at ZM kits situation with the PCM Ta-152, Revell He-219, Hasegawa Raiden, Tamiya Mustang or HK Do-335!

Developing kits takes years and quite often projects are delayed for various reasons. Sometimes this means that a competitor kit arrives on the market sooner than yours. This may possibly have a negative impact but this is just business basic competition. 

To me the questioning part is not the fact WnW will release a Lancaster but the fact they announced it just before the release of the HK kit whereas their own release will not arrive before at least 2019. This is the interesting part and may imply they just try to lock part of the market for themselves! Are they afraid of the market size and the impact of the quality/price ratio of the HK kit...? I don't know but that timing is not random... 

5 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, we may similarly look at ZM kits situation with the PCM Ta-152, Revell He-219, Hasegawa Raiden, Tamiya Mustang or HK Do-335!

Developing kits takes years and quite often projects are delayed for various reasons. Sometimes this means that a competitor kit arrives on the market sooner than yours. This may possibly have a negative impact but this is just business basic competition. 

To me the questioning part is not the fact WnW will release a Lancaster but the fact they announced it just before the release of the HK kit whereas their own release will not arrive before at least 2019. This is the interesting part and may imply they just try to lock part of the market for themselves! Are they afraid of the market size and the impact of the quality/price ratio of the HK kit...? I don't know but that timing is not random... 

Of course.    Again, business 101, WNW had to do this.    Let’s face it, the market for such a massive, expensive kit is miniscule.   Almost zero chance that anyone who bought the HK product would then buy the WNW when it comes out in a year.   However - given that it’s likely the WNW kit will be of much superior quality, I do see many people deciding to pass on the HK kit and wait for the better product.   If I was dying to build a Lanc, that’s exactly what I would do.  Sucks for HK but that’s business.  

6 hours ago, DannyVM said:

Modeling and movies......two totally different things that have nothing to do with each other. So to say that he need's a movie and a model, that's just ridiculous.

Thats what I found funny, the comments about him bringing out the model to help finance the movie because they have done all the research etc, how much would he earn from the 1/32 Lancaster buying community?.........these movies cost absolute millions of dollars to make, would the sales of a 1/32 Lancaster make that much of a difference?

Jeff.