WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

I’m not really into WW1 stuff but judging from the reactive posts on here it’s a big thing them doing something else. Either way I like WW2 aircraft but like some others here I simply couldn’t justify the cash. I tend to buy second hand stuff to keep the costs down but I suspect after the honeymoon period these will still demand a decent price tag. I’ll be content to look at others at model shows that will dictate whether I’ll get one or not (probably not).

Steve

Well, Peter Jackson did a complete laser scan of G for George, the Lancaster at the Australian War Memorial, ages ago for the proposed remake of “Dambusters”. So, at least the CAD is based on an accurate basis. 

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

Did HK sell their desing to wingnut? That would be the only logical explanation

Qué? 

It's likely the foray into the Lancasters is just a "one off" but I've yet to discover what the third kitset in development happens to be.

Is that not going to be announced this weekend?

Tony

2 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Qué? 

It's likely the foray into the Lancasters is just a "one off" but I've yet to discover what the third kitset in development happens to be.

Is that not going to be announced this weekend?

Tony

The third kit is another Halberstadt Cl.II.   They are doing both an early and late version of that plane.  They had already announced one of those versions a long time ago.

So in total, the 4 projects coming from WNW are 2 Lancasters and 2 Halberstadts, early and new.

Nothing else to be reported this weekend from Tokyo.

:o

4 hours ago, Gerhard said:

I have always been in awe at the quality of WnW kits, but I dont do WW I stuff, at all. I would love the WnW Lanc, but I am pretty damn sure it will be priced way out of my reach. Buying kit from a 3rd world economy is not the easiest thing to do. 

It remains to be seen exactly what level of detail WNW puts into their Lancaster.

For example, will they provide full detail for all 4 engines?  If they are doing it on that level, it is going to cost $400 US or more in my opinion.

It won't be cheap.  

6 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

I imagine this is a one off unless PJ has an interest in a subject outside WW1. It may be that when they have exhausted their list of 100+ WW1 kits WNW might have a rethink of type and/or scale. Who knows what their plan is over the next 10 years.

But to echo a previous comment it’s Peter Jackson’s baby and as far as I’m aware he’s mostly into WW1. So it’s up to other model companies to come to the party and fill in the gaps and reach the high standards WNW, Tamiya, Zoukei-Mura etc have set. 

Copper State Models has a lovely 1/32 Nieuport  17 coming, probably in November.

Peter Jackson seems to have no interest in WWI aircraft made by countries other than England and Germany, so it is indeed nice to see someone like CSM fill in the blanks with a much sought after aircraft.

I hope they do a DR.1 soon as well.  They'll make a killing if they cater to the heavily desired kits being totally ignored by WNW.  A SPAD would be another logical choice.

The CSM Nieuport seems to have the same level of interior detail that you would find on a WNW kit.  I'm eager to build it and see just how it compares with pros and cons.

13 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

It remains to be seen exactly what level of detail WNW puts into their Lancaster.

For example, will they provide full detail for all 4 engines?  If they are doing it on that level, it is going to cost $400 US or more in my opinion.

It won't be cheap.  

I reckon closer to $600. 

5 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Peter Jackson seems to have no interest in WWI aircraft made by countries other than England and Germany,

That is not true. WNW issued a Salmson, which IS French. They will possibly do other French aircraft when they get to it. 

Radu

I see no reason to rule out WNW ever doing French subjects. There are some pretty good WWI French planes out there. Less than WNW quality, but still very buildable.

I like the Lanc, and would embrace WNW doing some other 4 engine planes. FW-200? Sunderland? Emily? Mavis? -OR- SM-79? PBY, or a Martin Mariner? HP-0400?

What I would really like from WNW??

A WWII Jeep.

51 minutes ago, Gerhard said:

I reckon closer to $600. 

Given that this beast could keep many modelers busy for a year, is that really a lot to pay? 

Some folks have no issues building 10 x $90 kits each year, this might actually be a bargain in the long run!

BTW, are their any links that show the WNW poster in better detail?  

Edited by John1

1 hour ago, John1 said:

Given that this beast could keep many modelers busy for a year, is that really a lot to pay? 

Some folks have no issues building 10 x $90 kits each year, this might actually be a bargain in the long run!

BTW, are their any links that show the WNW poster in better detail?  

With that argument, no, it is not. Just the one time outlay of for a $600 kit hurts more than a staggered outlay for a number of $90 kits. 

Edited by Gerhard