WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

7 hours ago, TonyT said:

That's not good, It will stop smaller companies like HK producing these one off kits, they have been open and honest with the paying punters showing their products before being released and generating an interest in such a thing for them to have their legs kicked out from under them like this. It will simply stop smaller companies tying up considerable resources and monies in trying to fill such gaps in the market in the future and will probably kill of any future products such as this.

This is the risk any company runs by announcing its future product offering well in advance of when it will be available. I note that Tamiya, in particular, doesn't announce new products to the public until they are basically ready to ship. In this case, the timing of the WnW Lanc announcement seems to be coincidental. 

I dare say that nobody would complain if another company up and announced a 1/32 TBD-1 Devastator, even though Trumpeter has had it in their catalog for what must be a decade by now.

18 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

This is the risk any company runs by announcing its future product offering well in advance of when it will be available. I note that Tamiya, in particular, doesn't announce new products to the public until they are basically ready to ship. In this case, the timing of the WnW Lanc announcement seems to be coincidental. 

I dare say that nobody would complain if another company up and announced a 1/32 TBD-1 Devastator, even though Trumpeter has had it in their catalog for what must be a decade by now.

I must assume that Tony is primarily a plane modeler, as he would then realize that after many years wait the armor community got a replacement for the ancient and horrid Italeri Bergepanther. Not just one, but four: Meng with an Ausf A, Rye Field with an Ausf G, and Takom with an Ausf A built by Demag and an Ausf D. None of us worried that this would kill any of those companies or dampen their enthusiasm for turning out new kits, as indeed Takom is still releasing esoteric stuff like the Strabokran and all that V-2 stuff.

And believe you me, the first person to release a quality Devastator in 1/32 gets my money, Trumpeter or not.

Edited by CATCplSlade

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

Good Grief !! 13 pages already in less than 24 hours  :o

This must be a reeaally big deal. Be interesting to see

who finishes one first  :rolleyes:

HKM should just pop their long ago announced P-51B

and make more money than they will with a monster

Lanc anyway :coolio:

Peter's next movie should be a remake of the Battle of Britain. :speak_cool::popcorn:

If you don't find the topic interesting or think the conversation here is somehow misplaced, you know what you can do?

Something else!  No one is forcing you to read it, or comment on it.

I wish I had your amount of free time.

Re the price dnt be surprised if it comes out cheaper than expected.

When WW first kicked off the Gotha was only 150 way less than what was worth then or now.

Consistently he has been prepared until recently to shall we say “subsidize” kit prices.

With his movie coming down to insprire our North American cousins that the Lancaster was a very worthy modelling subject and everyone else already knowing it i really wouldnt be surprised to see it for a price below 500US maybe 450 or lower.

I mean who doesnt want to build a kit of a heavy bomber flown half way across Europe at 200’ in the middle of the night to drop a bouncing bomb from 50’ over water while being shot at be heavy flak to blow up a dam!

Something that today with NVG’s and Low Light TV would be considered dangerous but flown with the Mk1 eyeball 70 years ago i can only be in complete awe of.

If he spilts the fuse for aft just in front of the wing the box size wont need to be huge helping with shipping.

I am really glad the Dambusters will get the royal treatment.

41 minutes ago, Darren Howie said:

With his movie coming down to insprire our North American cousins that the Lancaster was a very worthy modelling subject

don't hold your breath on 'his movie coming down.' 

he didn't get enough funding, it's been stalled a while, and it is unlikely to restart. 

that said, they did do all the research already. that probably has more to do with this kit being in their pipeline. as for the timing of the release? i'd guess it's more likely due to the movie being stalled than the movie being imminent. movie tie-ins work better when they tie in with the release of the movie, and this one's not even been shot yet... 

4 hours ago, CATCplSlade said:

Well, technically Amusing Hobby's is different as it includes a Ferdinand with interior. But then, Takom followed up with another crane with one of their new Panthers included. Soon everyone will be complaining, "Oh, not another Strabokran!"

Speaking of the crane, this looks like an interesting book.

Three 1/32 Lancasters for us to choose from. What a world we live in.

My hard earned money will go to the one that I judge will be the best value/most fun. I have time to wait before I jump, so I am relying on all of you to buy at least one of each and then build and review them for me. Thanks in advance for your help.

And don't worry, WNW are developing way more than one WWI subject. They just haven't told us about them yet.

I'm just stoked that WNW has finally moved past the WW1 genre.  Aside from Tamiya, these folks are the premier maker of large scale models.  I would think that everyone would welcome this move.  I just hope and pray that their next release is the long awaited UH-1H Huey that I've dreamed of every night.  

18 hours ago, Tony T said:

Was gobsmacked to read this announcement.

I do quite like the WnW departure forwards. There are so many good looking 1930s "art deco" designs that need attention too. 

Tony 

Tiger Moth, Tutor, Gauntlet, Gladiator, Siskin, Heyford, ...

Apologies for the thread drift, we now return you to the Lancs.  I'd really love one, but heart, head and wallet all have a vote and it's 2-1 against. :(

I am gob smacked.  My wallet is going to be very light because I am 100% behind both kits.  

I am also pleased to see WnW's cross over to at least one WW2 subject.

I am personally a big supporter of both companies and support both efforts.  I like the comparison to Armour kits... how many Tiger 1's are there now????  

They will both do very well I am sure and I am very happy to see both coming our way.

Ron

I imagine this is a one off unless PJ has an interest in a subject outside WW1. It may be that when they have exhausted their list of 100+ WW1 kits WNW might have a rethink of type and/or scale. Who knows what their plan is over the next 10 years.

But to echo a previous comment it’s Peter Jackson’s baby and as far as I’m aware he’s mostly into WW1. So it’s up to other model companies to come to the party and fill in the gaps and reach the high standards WNW, Tamiya, Zoukei-Mura etc have set.