WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

IIRC some of Jennings posts, that F-4K is no rumor.  I believe it was confirmed to be on their release schedule, but with all the Lanc news lately I have not heard any more about it.

Now the SIX! that is a different ball game! Id love one for SURE, but have not heard confirmation that anyone is doing one.

Yep, I'm aware that the Brit Phantoms seem to be the real deal, I just don't recall anything about the 102 or 106. An F-102 is one that I'd grab in a heartbeat.

30 minutes ago, Tony T said:

That's a bit harsh. 

Not sure the world needs another war movie right now. Sir Peter should, perhaps, make the ultimate docudrama on the dam raids interspersed with digitally enhanced and coloured archival footage the way he has done with the 'They shall not be forgotten' film being premiered in October.

Tony

It's always a good time for new war movies, at least as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, John1 said:

WNW provided full engines on WW1 kits because they were mostly exposed.  I see no reason why they would have to provide 4 super detailed (or even one for that matter) Merlin.  

The card with CAD drawings they displayed showed a complete Merlin, so there will probably be at least one in the kit.

2 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

The card with CAD drawings they displayed showed a complete Merlin, so there will probably be at least one in the kit.

Yep, my bad.   Didn’t see those pics.  Can’t belueve they would provide 4 super-detailed Merlins but you never know with these guys!

Still wish these companies would offer basic kits without the engines, to give those who don’t care about the motors a more cost effective option. 

Wonder if WNW will replicate the stressed skin effect?

9 minutes ago, John1 said:

Yep, my bad.   Didn’t see those pics.  Can’t belueve they would provide 4 super-detailed Merlins but you never know with these guys!

Still wish these companies would offer basic kits without the engines, to give those who don’t care about the motors a more cost effective option. 

Wonder if WNW will replicate the stressed skin effect?

The Lancaster Merlin power-eggs are all the same so they only have to design one set of sprues, then provide four copies, one for each engine. Unless there is a lot of photo-etch in the engine the extra cost of including four engines versus one should be minimal; a few pennies worth of plastic and the cost of the time to mold them.

When you are in a business that has specific boundary's  WW2 there is no new WW2 fighters being designed so there if a finite number of subjects "so" competition is inevitable

From our perspective (MDC) we have been compromised a few times but that's the business (an injection Typhoon is well overdue) which I wouldn't mind as our one has been good to us but it was a few years since we produced it technology must move on.

But the main thing that p%$£&*s me of is Bloody "lists" that company's produce with what they would like but no bloody idea of how to do it,  I have pulled quite a few subjects  that I was informed by other manufactures was "on their "list" and the buggers don't do anything about it apart from "It's on next years programme" when ever that is !!

And to be fair we have not tried to stand on anyone's toes 

But I am working on a project that I dropped a couple of years ago

As always MDC will only let you know when we have stock to sell

ATB

Bob

MDC 

14 hours ago, PhilB said:

There seems to be a lot of comments about this being in connection with the "upcoming" release of Jackson's new Dambusters movie.

It doesn't take long on a quick search of the interweb to see that this film seems to be at the very back of the "shelf of doom" and unlikely to be released or even start production in the near future.

:shrug:

Not tiedto the movie thats stalled, simply tied to the research on the movie thats stalled,.... whay waste it..

Edited by Markjames1968

5 hours ago, TonyT said:

That's not good, It will stop smaller companies like HK producing these one off kits, they have been open and honest with the paying punters showing their products before being released and generating an interest in such a thing for them to have their legs kicked out from under them like this. It will simply stop smaller companies tying up considerable resources and monies in trying to fill such gaps in the market in the future and will probably kill of any future products such as this.

Too open and too honest and too slow........

1 hour ago, Bob MDC said:

Not to be out done the armour guys are at it Takom announced a large gantry crane (Strabokran)

today Amusing Hobby   the same kit !!!

Anybody for double "FRIES"

Well, technically Amusing Hobby's is different as it includes a Ferdinand with interior. But then, Takom followed up with another crane with one of their new Panthers included. Soon everyone will be complaining, "Oh, not another Strabokran!"

Good Grief !! 13 pages already in less than 24 hours  :o

This must be a reeaally big deal. Be interesting to see

who finishes one first  :rolleyes:

HKM should just pop their long ago announced P-51B

and make more money than they will with a monster

Lanc anyway :coolio:

Peter's next movie should be a remake of the Battle of Britain. :speak_cool::popcorn: