WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

24 minutes ago, BarryWilliams said:

Nah... Revell cheap but crap, a model this big deserves the quality treatment, something Revell are not capable of. 

I most strongly disagree.

Revell's Ju 88's & He 111's are bloody good models in their own right.

18 minutes ago, williamj said:

Evidently the kit has been in development for something like 8 years... sure it might have been prudent to announce some time ago (thinking of HK) 

But WNW is just like Tamiya..don't know what's coming until it's just about here and don't care what other companies are releasing..Except for this one occasion.    I believe WNW for the first time has let the cat out of the bag early, because they have invested heavily in time and money (which will show spectacularly in this kit) and would be very cognizant of lost sales to a competitor. It's just business,although it may seem unfair it was still the right thing to do. 

Well put.   The amount of crying over this announcement is truly disappointing.   It’s strictly business and the market will dictate who succeeds.    A couple of years ago, who would have dreamed that we’d have not one but three large scale Lancs to choose from.   It’s all good.  

Personally, I would go with the WNW product.  The HK kit looks “nice” but I’ve seen nothing that indicates it’s close to what WNW’s been shown to consistently deliver.    Can’t wait till they post the instructions online!   

At first I thought this was a huge joke, that someone was doing a great job of trolling everyone.

I feel for Neil Yan because he's a lovely bloke, but as others have said he embarked upon his Lanc project with his eyes open. It's not like kit manufacturers produce models with a guarantee that no other manufacturers will produce the same kit. Plus we've been waiting forever for the HK kit and so far, nothing.

10 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

But cannot come anywhere close to what is produced by HKM and Wingnut.  

I built the Ju88 and was not that impressed, specially with the usual shapeless lumps of plastic that posed as some of the detail.    

12 minutes ago, richdlc said:

At first I thought this was a huge joke, that someone was doing a great job of trolling everyone.

I feel for Neil Yan because he's a lovely bloke, but as others have said he embarked upon his Lanc project with his eyes open. It's not like kit manufacturers produce models with a guarantee that no other manufacturers will produce the same kit. Plus we've been waiting forever for the HK kit and so far, nothing.

So far nothing? It's already on pre-order and we've seen test shots.

11 minutes ago, BarryWilliams said:

I built the Ju88 and was not that impressed, specially with the usual shapeless lumps of plastic that posed as some of the detail.    

The Ju 88's cost around £35.

The HKM Lanc is £399.

The WNW Lanc is even more.

13 minutes ago, BarryWilliams said:

Except neither have produced those planes.

33 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

and if you get hold of the HPH interior stuff (and do a cutaway of the 111) its a thing of beauty!

That's not good, It will stop smaller companies like HK producing these one off kits, they have been open and honest with the paying punters showing their products before being released and generating an interest in such a thing for them to have their legs kicked out from under them like this. It will simply stop smaller companies tying up considerable resources and monies in trying to fill such gaps in the market in the future and will probably kill of any future products such as this.

I really thought that it was a ruse by WNW but if its true, well, I don't think I want to afford the $600 odd price that it would likely cost, based on how much the Felixstowe costs and how much there is in that box. I will buy an KHM kit but it occurs to me that WNW might be useful for 'extras'. What do I mean? Well we know that the HKM kit is an early Lanc - fuselage windows, small bomb aimers bubble, small astrodome but both needle and paddle blade props. I only intend to buy one Lanc kit so I'm not bothered about a Special. I'm not sure about how good HKM are at supplying spares but I know that WNW are very good. I'm sure that if both companies have put in the amount of effort required to produce an accurate Lanc then I might just use WNW as a source for a glazing sprue - which might have the later glazing and typically - going by the existing WNW kits - costs $10. I may also consider WNW gun turrets if they are better than the HKM bits but it could be  a case of buying the cheaper HKM option and then using WNW as an aftermarket supplier? I wonder how WNW would stack ups against Eduard and Aries/Quickboost?