WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

Magnificent decision. A big scale Lanc, especially a B.III Special will be on my list for sure.

I don't know what the angst is against WnW announcing this kit. HK and Tamiya both have Mosquito kits and no-one whinged.

Revell and Airfix also have the same aircraft in their product lines as do many other manufacturers.

I am sure that if WnW wanted to bring out a DR1 then they would, regardless of Roden's nice kit. 

I’ve never bought a WNW kit, sorry but no interest in the Great War aircraft (I’m probably that guy everybody hates for buying all the new Bf 109’s that come out) and in this case I was rubbing my fingers together in George Burns style eagerly awaiting the HK models Lancaster (got 2 B17-G’s and an E) as well as that pesky B 24 just about ready to hit the shelves. I also bought both Tamiya’s and HKs mossies... having said (typed) all that, if I can, I’ll probably buy both products from both manufactures again this time (I seriously hate my money as it makes my wallet difficult to close)

this looks like happy times to be modelling in thirty tooth scale

16 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

The fact that the Initial HK release isn’t a Dambusters version is irrelevant as WNW has announced two Lancaster kits, the second one being a normal B.I/III, which overlaps the announced HK release.  Also, who knows what further releases HK had planned.  It’s unlikely they would make a large and costly Lancaster mold and only do one release.  In the end, we’ll have high quality kits from two different manufacturers that will compete with each other.

We’ll just have to see how it plays out.

Much the same as the Z-M and Tamiya P-51D, as well as the Z-M & Hasegawa Jacks; just a sad coincidence, I think.

But why settle for 1/32?

I took photos this afternoon at the RCAF Museum in Trenton Canada where they are working on their 1:1 Lanc. I wonder where they will find shelf space for that one!

cRq77gs.jpg

zdB8a7w.jpg

And after we have all bought and built our kits from HK and WnW, here is the next big subject they might consider:

AcoFjNJ.jpg

...just kidding, right?

Edited by Alain Gadbois

Seriously, though....  I can imagine these were modeled for the movie.  People would probably get all kinds of upset if the movie Lancs were all CGI.  

Why not release them, especially if you had some real passion for the subject.

For me, it says that some of my WWI hopes may be dashed.

Gaz

55 minutes ago, Plasto said:

I think Wingnut Wings can be what ever they want to be and produce whatever they want to produce. 

If we look at what we know prima facie.  We know that Wingnut films and Peter Jackson have been working on a film project of Dambusters for a number of years including a number of 1:1 scale replicas.  NZ has a real 1:1 scale Lancaster at MOTAT in Auckland and there is a tangible connection between 617 squadron the 'Dambusters' and New Zealand. 

So if your a millionaire film director with a passion for aviation in the midst of a project to remake a classic british war film happen with a heap of research in the project bank and you own a model kit company that produces what you personally feel like. Is it any real surprise that said model kit company is producing a Lancaster bomber in Dambuster variant??

If Wingnut follow their current standard on tooling and research the kit will be superb. 

So rather then a bad day for the large scale Modelling world it's actually a good day.  I don't think there is any hard and fast rule that says if company X produces something then company Y cannot... No one complained when Revell released it's 1/32 P51D to complete with the existent Tamiya kit AFAIK....

We basically complain too much IMHO....

thats exactly what i wanted to type, thank you, secretary

This is great day for our hobby!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

And bad day for our wallets. Be honest, many of us will buy Lancs from both companies :D It's the same as with Mustangs, He-219, Mosquitos etc.

it doesn't matter that you don't have dislay space for it, there is still this collector principle that feeds the market B)

Enjoy it! and maybe we will get the stressed skin effect with this release :rofl:

jan

I think the big problem with this announcement was the anticipation of three amazing World War One kits. It was a natural assumption based upon previous experience. However, since he is making a movie and naturally obsessing about the starring plane then it makes perfect sense to see Sir Peter release something he loves. Good for him.

I can hope for more WWI, and enjoy at least one of them to come from WNW and a couple from Copper State.

Tnarg