WINGNUT WINGS LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!

seiran01

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I believe it. Given how much effort wnw puts into their kits, I would think this is more of a coincidence rather than trying to crap on HK's parade. I seriously doubt wnw just went trumpeter and announced a kit as a placeholder for future release. Given the flamming wnw got for the delay in releasing their camel I would think they are at the tail end of their nearly decades long project. It may impact HKs sales but wnw is a dam buster variant (so far) which has a limited markings option. The HK kit is a more mainstream version. There will be room for both IMO.

Not sure that the market for £400 4 engined 1/32 WWII bombers is very big. At all.

And WNW's version may well cost closer to £500.

10 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

I....have questions.

It's a WnW kit, so it'll be extraordinary, but a Lanc is just really far outside of their normal realm.

Matt 

Maybe, considering the kits that they have made thus far, but the "Dambusters" is another one of those pet projects of "Sir Peter" that he has dedicated himself to through the years, as is evidenced by the resources and associated research he has no doubt devoted to this subject.  You might call this subject Peter Jackson's "white whale" of aviation subjects.  He has long endeavored to do the movie on the subject, but has not completed it.  The reference to 8 years of research, IMHO, is a reference to research devoted to the movie as much as it is to any planned kit of a model airplane.

Edited by esarmstrong

That Peter Jackson would be interested in producing a Lancaster kit should come as no surprise. He is after all developing a new Dambusters movie, and perhaps the kit is aimed to tie in with that.

Either way, I've just spoken with Neil from HK Models about it, and he's not particularly perturbed.

Kev

1 minute ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That Peter Jackson would be interested in producing a Lancaster kit should come as no surprise. He is after all developing a new Dambusters movie, and perhaps the kit is aimed to tie in with that.

Either way, I've just spoken with Neil from HK Models about it, and he's not particularly perturbed.

Kev

Clap him.  I hope Neil profits in a grand fashion from the release of his kit.

2 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

Not sure that the market for £400 4 engined 1/32 WWII bombers is very big. At all.

And WNW's version may well cost closer to £500.

I agree the market is probably smaller but there will still be the die hard people that will buy it regardless of what it cost. 

5 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

Glad to hear. Given WNW's consistently high quality, 100% I'm in for a Dambuster. I'm looking forward to seeing reviews of HK's kit and also hope it does well

It will be a stunner!!

If one feels bad for HK then support them as I'm sure they will put out a great kit.

I will be getting the WnW version, I'm  just lucky that I haven't paid out cash for a HK pre-order, I can understand the frustration felt by those that have