Sign in to follow this  
Jennings Heilig

I'm so excited I'm about to bust!!

1 hour ago, John1 said:

I'd love to see some detail pictures of this ship in her Cobra Jaw days.  Those are some pretty unique lumps and bumps. 

LOL!!  So would I, and so would a lot of other people.  Not gonna happen.  Part of the BIG SAFARI charter was that records were to be destroyed after the program was complete.  And even if they weren’t destroyed, they were so classified that it would take a lifetime to find out where they were, and then to (possibly) be able to get them declassified.  It’s supremely frustrating that history was knowingly and intentionally destroyed like that in the name of “national security”, but it’s still happening today.  A friend of mine worked at NAIC at WPAFB (the former Foreign Technology Division) spent most of his lunch hours over the last couple of years he worked there getting stuff declassified (some AMAZING stuff), but the vast majority of it went into the burn bag.

The *only* photos of ‘121 as COBRA JAW that I’m aware of came from British spotters.  

Very nice Jennings!

I very much enjoyed my tour with the 307th BW (CAM), the KC-135A was a dream to work on. I was in the Instrument Shop and the Collins FD-109 system was ours to maintain. It was the 1st true Flight Director system and it was also quite colorful as compared to other systems of the time! On a TDY to Kadena I had the pleasure to support several different versions of the 135 including those that supported the Habu.

Barry