Revell repop of Italeri Mirage IIIE

Tony T

New Revell boxing of the Italeri Mirage III due shortly...

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RV3919

Nice Ardennes markings from 1993. The R and O variant options suggest further markings are included.

Got one on preorder

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
usual process of rendering link active

Yes, got mine on pre-order too, at the price I found it would have been rude not to.  I've done a French recce bird, so I'm thinking perhaps an Australian, but let's see the options first.

My question is: Have they modelled additional sprues to correctly cover the Australian O.

Eric had to do a fair bit of scratch building to make the IP and load outs work for the Italeri kit ...

He didn't put masters to market so I've been holding off on pulling the trigger until this release to see if Revell have provided the options.

Rog :)

Am waiting for Revell De to put up the instructions for 03919, which would reveal much (mind you, they haven't put up the instructions for the Revell 1/48 Beaufighter, 03943, yet and that's been out for a couple of weeks). 

My instincts say same plastic as Italeri. 

Tony 

A friend of mine just ended one C. This is not an "assembler's kit" as are currently most of the Asian productions. Indeed, the kit asks for filler, plasticard and CA glue plus some rescribing. The result is exquisite but, alas, it is not a shake and bake kit. The nose, intakes and belly seams are asking for serious work. 

58 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

Maybe, but I am near completion of an old tool Revell Mirage and it is atrocious! 

Indeed! There is no comparison. The old Revell kit is far more "challenging"!

Note that all Mirage kits are not really easy to build. Another friend built two Eduard Mirages some years ago and he confirmed they were not that easy.

I believe that we would need a Tamiya kit to get something that may be easily assembled!

My advice with the Italeri kit: dry fit many times with masking tape and do not consider the recommended assembly order as taken for granted!

So much for being cheaper.

Here is Oz its advertised for 14 dollars more than the Italeri boxing.

Id be interested to hear from guys in Europe if they think Revells prices have increased since being sold off.

There are some pretty impressively high pre order prices on some future Revell kits like the AN-225 among others.

10 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

I am just hoping for Mirage III's at decent prices here in the US so I can use them for the Isracast C7 and Dagger conversions!

I was wonder about using my Isracast F-21 conversion on this kit myself......  :hmmm: Fred K.

The Revell IIIE is available for pre order in the land of UK for a tad under £50. The Italeri IIIC and IIIE editions cost about £70 and up.

I'm assuming the etch still is included. 

Revell are still great value even if the prices have crept up a little. If that means they do well and produce new kits, maybe we'll get lucky with other stuff we want. 

Tony