F-16A Netz #234 "The Flying Dragon Sq." - Hasegawa 1/32

Memir

On 9/27/2018 at 4:07 AM, aircommando130 said:

Wow...nice! The F-16 has come a long way from the "lightweight fighter" it was marketed as back in the mid 70"s. Build up a SUFA and put them side by side to show the difference. Your F-4C was awesome too...Would like to see you do a IAF F-4E as well! Great job!

Cheers...Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks for comments. F-4E and Sufa are waiting in the stash for their turn... ;)  

On 9/29/2018 at 7:48 PM, Durangokid said:

That is some fantastic work, I especially like the weathering.  I had planned on building one of these awhile back so I studied a lot of photos and I have to say you nailed the look.  Could you give us some weathering tips?

Thanks

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I used a salt technique over basecoat with lighter shade of base color. Then another very thin light shades followed by darker shade of base color. I used acrylic washes and some oils for streaks. The trick is to put several light layers and do not hesitate to use fine sanding sponge or sander to blend layers.

On 10/8/2018 at 6:44 AM, Memir said:

Hi Bryan,

I used a salt technique over basecoat with lighter shade of base color. Then another very thin light shades followed by darker shade of base color. I used acrylic washes and some oils for streaks. The trick is to put several light layers and do not hesitate to use fine sanding sponge or sander to blend layers.

Thanks for the tips!!!!

• 4 months later...