Wingnut wings is developing three new kits

esarmstrong

I am liking two versions of the Halberstadt. I could only wish for a conversion to make a CL.IV.... Lithuania calls my name again with the CL.IV, but a Polish CL.II sounds nice, as does 'Brunhilde" for the CL.II. Once again, we have too many choices.

Thanks to WNW and Sir Peter.

Tnarg

9 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Looking forward to the Halberstadt's, some stunning schemes OOB, with Pheon undoubtedly adding more in due course. 

The Halberstadt is a good looking plane and I'll probably by one of each

Just looking closely are the website pictures,  I notice the rib tapes are already in the lozenge pattern, and it looks to me that the lozenge has more realistic fabric detail similar to the Aviattic decals

Another improvement in my opinion

9132049b Halberstadt Cl.II 5 colour lozenge decal detail

Edited by Robthepom

On 9/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, Dave Williams said:

So, if two of the kits are Lancs, what’s the third one?

Well, Of the three big British bombers of War 2, I prefer the Stirling.

Just because of looks. I'm basically a sculptor and I go by pleasing shapes. 

So if you guys can have two Lancasters then I can have a Stirling.

:punk:

I’ve been wanting a Halberstadt CL.2 in 1/32 ever since 1/32 WW1 came out, especially since WnWs came out with two seaters, since as of yet no one else has. I might have mentioned it before, but I had every 1/48 WW1 model made in the ‘60s. They were mostly Aurora Models. I wanted to replace them in 1/32nd scale. Although many more types have been produced, all but four types now that the Halberstadt Cl.2 is being released. What is still missing are all multiple seaters. They are the Breguet Bre.14, Albatros C.lll, Curtis Jn4, Airco DH.4, and the De Havilland DH.10.

2+2=3???  2+1=4??? :wacko:

OK, correct me if I am wrong, but if WNW is to release 2 (TWO) Halberstadt CL.IIs and TWO (2) Lancasters does that not mean that they are releasing 4 (four) new 1/32 kits, not just three (3)?

Or is this another example of the "new math"?

32043 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.1/III (late 2019)
32044 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III "Dambusters" (late 2019)
32049 - Halberstadt Cl.II (Early)
32062 - Halberstadt Cl.II (Late)

In any event I will buy at least one of the Halberstadt CL.11 kits.

But the Lancaster? Well, I will have to wait until they actually come on the market to make my decision.

If time permits I may  just allot enough time to make all the vacuform bomber kits I already have in the stash and let it go at that.

38 minutes ago, ssculptor said:

2+2=3???  2+1=4??? :wacko:

OK, correct me if I am wrong, but if WNW is to release 2 (TWO) Halberstadt CL.IIs and TWO (2) Lancasters does that not mean that they are releasing 4 (four) new 1/32 kits, not just three (3)?

Or is this another example of the "new math"?

32043 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.1/III (late 2019)
32044 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III "Dambusters" (late 2019)
32049 - Halberstadt Cl.II (Early)
32062 - Halberstadt Cl.II (Late)

In any event I will buy at least one of the Halberstadt CL.11 kits.

But the Lancaster? Well, I will have to wait until they actually come on the market to make my decision.

If time permits I may  just allot enough time to make all the vacuform bomber kits I already have in the stash and let it go at that.

They had previously announced that they were releasing one of the Halberstadts.  Therefore, the three “new” kits are the two Lancasters and the other Halberstadt.

On 10/6/2018 at 8:40 PM, Dave Williams said:

They had previously announced that they were releasing one of the Halberstadts.  Therefore, the three “new” kits are the two Lancasters and the other Halberstadt.

Thank you. I had missed that announcement.

I thought that WnWs wasn’t going to compete with anyone. So why are they releasing a model being released by HKM?

I remember how apologetic WnWs was to Roden when WnWs released their DH.2 and the Se.5, by stating that they didn’t know that Roden was also releasing them, but WnWs certainly can’t say they didn’t know about the AVRO Lancaster. Yes one is a dam buster not being released by HKM, but what about the other one?

Edited by Fred Jack

The Halberstadt kit’s really have some nice marking options.  To me these are a solid release for WNW.

I don’t really care about the Lancaster other than I hope they will use the engines to do early Spitifres or Hurricanes.  

As such I emailed WNW that I hoped they would make further use of the Merlin engines beyond the Lancaster.  

2 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

I thought that WnWs wasn’t going to compete with anyone. So why are they releasing a model being released by HKM?

WNW have reportedly been working on their Lancasters for 8 years so far, the kits' catalogue numbers certainly put them amongst other subjects which WNW were releasing from 2012 onwards.

While the HK Lancaster was announced some time ago, there have been long periods of silence with many of us questioning whether we would ever see it released. 

Cheers,

Bill.

I remember how apologetic WnWs was to Roden when WnWs released their DH.2 and the Se.5, by stating that they didn’t know that Roden was also releasing them, but WnWs certainly can’t say they didn’t know about the AVRO Lancaster. Yes one is a dam buster not being released by HKM, but what about the other one?

As I understand it...and was told....WNW started developing this kit just a touch over 8 years ago...And this was long before HK had their start,so to be fair,it was WNW who had the jump on HK from conception.   Now I'm not sure how far along WNW was when they heard the news that there was another 32nd Lanc in the works,but considering the man hours,money investment,and research under Peter's direction...believe they were well past the point of no return in it's incubation...this isn't the first time we've seen this happen,won't be the last either.

Have a childlike Christmas morning feeling about what will be coming our way with the WNW Lancaster..It will so be worth the wait. 

Edited by williamj

Yes one is a dam buster not being released by HKM, but what about the other one?

So WNW should invest all that time and money to deliver a dam buster version and then, not bother with the regular bomber variant cause it would compete with HK's?  I gotta believe the vast majority of folks want to build a standard BI/BIII.  That would make no sense.   I don't see why folks continue to cast WNW as the villian here.   It's strictly business.  I highly doubt that they started this project with the nefarious goal of running HK out of business. 

If we spend the time we are now wasting gossiping about what may or will  be in the future working on the models we actually have now, our stashes would be nicely depleted.

We sound like  a bunch of old people sitting around picking lint out of our belly buttons.:tumble:

WNW willl do what they want when they want and when they put what they will on the market some of us will buy them and the rest of us will belly ache about it.

I''m gonna leave this topic now and go do something productive, like revamping my work areas. 

Yours trully,

A grumpy old geezer:deadhorse: