richdlc

So, wingnut wings at Telford...

Pretty sure VAT will be applied but so.e show specials. Even better would be some first come first served sold out kits as they have done at other trade shows this year!

Regard. Andy

Well there is sales tax (US shows), you just don't see it, meaning it's buried in the price for most retailers.

If you are an honest retailer you have to collect and report the sales to the state that the show is in.

Edited by Ryan

4 hours ago, MikeC said:

With absolutely no basis for this question other than a blind hope, I wonder if we'll see an announcement?  Perhaps even the Avro 504 I suggest at every opportunity?

Yes a 504 would be very welcome.

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Well there is sales tax (US shows), you just don't see it, meaning it's buried in the price for most retailers.

If you are an honest retailer you have to collect and report the sales to the state that the show is in.

Hobby businesses may well do that, I have no idea, as all of my purchases are from private individuals, and no sales tax is collected by them. Unless a hobby business is offering up items at the shows at a considerable discount, tax or no tax, I won't be buying from them anyway.

I hear yah, i do love a discount myself!

Model shows will typically hand out a flier for vendors (private or otherwise) stating that it is their responsibility to collect sales tax and pay the government when the show is over.

I doubt many "closet clean out" sellers even bother at local shows, but a major retailer would be foolish not to collect.....no fun looking over your shoulder. (there probably is even a min amount you could sell and not report it.)

One could argue the man power it would take to police each model show or reptile convention etc to catch these people would be enormous for little gain though.

It's also a time saver too at the shows (to include sales tax), who wants to walk up to the vendor and watch him tap on his calculator when he could just included it in the sticker and take hit later.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Yep , buying from an individual is like buying at a yard sale.

Buying from a state licensed business is different.

When I buy from a business at a show in Washington state,

I can show my Oregon ID and they will subtract the tax

because there's no sales tax in Oregon. That's only happened

a couple of times as there aren't a lot of businesses selling at

shows.

12 hours ago, richdlc said:

... does that mean significant savings on the price of their kits? Or will you still have to pay VAT etc 

From what I've seen of WNW, they don't sell at shows at a significant discount, rather only discounting stuff like damaged stock.

They just don't have to, because we lap it all up, I suppose.

15 hours ago, MikeC said:

With absolutely no basis for this question other than a blind hope, I wonder if we'll see an announcement?  Perhaps even the Avro 504 I suggest at every opportunity?

Oooh, announcement sooner than Telford:

Now amending blind hope to "Perhaps they'll have the first stock before they go on sale on the website." :please:

I don’t suppose they need to do they? Like zoukei mura people will be swarming all over their stand like locusts and will buy it all regardless 

In my own personal experience, when manufacturers from outside the UK sell directly from their own stand in Telford, they match relatively closely the prices of the same products sold by their UK-based retailers. They do that so that the retailers do not feel "cheated" when customers come to the stand and say: "You are gouging me! The manufacturer sells it for 20% less right over there, I will buy from their stand". 

Radu 

whilst we are on the topic, could anyone provide a list of all the WNW kits that are out of production please?