Building a Revell P-51D

docdodj01

So after lurking for so long, and with certain responsibilities being met, I decided to start a build.  It's been a long time since I last built a kit (4 years ago?!?!).  I got the new revell kit, and started cracking on it. I'm not sure for markings yet, but I'm leaning on Lt Donald Emerson's P-51D.  So anyways, here's photos of the build.

30944995908_e560a4fb1e_k.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

So after being busy with work, had some progress with the kit. Had sealed the wings, and added an aftermarket Master barrel set.  it replaces the kit molded barrel and jacket.  I already attached the built wings to the fuselage, and added the rear stabilizers, and the front intake scope, and propeller wall.  So far, no major issues on this part of the build.

31436102548_df2a24fa26_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

31436102418_55bd7810fb_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

31436102558_ca14593988_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

31436101848_ce1ae12558_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

I have also started on the front coaming, with the gunsight.  Had some problems with the width of the windscreen, so I placed a shim on both ends, so it fits nice now.  I also replaced the gunsight glass with a more appropriate thinner acetate. and placed a silver aluminum as a reflector.  Later I'll add a manual gunsight cross, which is part of the set in the Master Barrel AM.  I haven't glued it yet to the fuselage because I accidentally knocked off the throttle stick.

45309909401_5e52b60db9_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr

45309908621_e54e0dcd1a_c.jpgUntitled by Docdodj, on Flickr