Recommendations on what to build....

Shadoweng

I am wanting to work on a 1/32 kit, but I have no idea which one is a good one to get my feet wet with.

Here are my present choices.

Trumpeter TBF-1C

Hasegawa P-51D

Hasegawa Zero (older tool)

Cyber Hobby BF-109E3

Eduard BF-109E7

Trumpeter AH-1 Skyraider

Academy F-18C

Tamiya F-4J Phantom

Trumpeter A-10AW

Revell BF-109G6

I am also in a bit of a modelers block, so something that would re-inspire me would help out a lot!  Which of these should I go with or is there something else I should try to acquire to start my trip on the "dark side"?  I may try to buy either the Hasegawa BF-109F4 or Ki-61 Tony to get my feet wet.  Any thoughts?

Jeremy

Yes, the Ki-61 Hien. You can rattle can it in aluminium as almost decal-ready and don't have to worry about doing loads of strap-ons as you have to do with modern jets, thereby avoiding that feeling of it's finished but isn't (until you've spent another 6-10 hours building and painting whizz-bangs to hang under the wings). I find sprayed aluminium always takes decals too without creating much extra preparation (other than masking).

The Hornet C, Phantom J and Night/Adverse Weather Warthog might get you bogged down.

Whatever you decide, enjoy it.

T

I’m currently working on the Eduard 109 E4. It’s a small aircraft so a relatively small model. Builds up easily and easy to handle but you can still add plenty of detail if you want. Decided I needed a simple and quick build to get my mojo back. Must say I’m thoroughly enjoying it so far

I'm about halfway through a "shake-n-bake" build of the Trumpy Skyraider. It has a few inaccuracies but it's an easy build so far.

On the other hand some people lose their mojo if a kit is too easy, if you'd rather have something challenging with rewarding results you could try a Special Hobby kit. 

You don't say how much experience you have building models so if you're new to the hobby try something inexpensive to get the feel of it. If you have experience then whatever peaks your interest. The KI-61 sounds like fun. Just don't get in over your head with lots of aftermarket stuff for your first build. Or like I say "Don't get distracted by shiny things."

I have been building for many years, just never really messed with the big ones.  Plus have lost the Mojo and was looking for some insight on how to spark it in the easiest way possible.  An yes I was looking for a kit that does not require a ton of Aftermarket to start off.  I know that a seat or at least harnesses are a must for most kits now a days. :)

Do you already own all the kits in your list?  And if so, are you looking to use what is at hand without having to make a new purchase?

I ask because the obvious choice for your project, IMO, is one of the 1/32 Tamiya super kits, none of which are on your list.

The Zeros, P-51s, Corsairs, Mosquito, and Spitfires.

If you still have to purchase the kit you are going to build, pick one of those and prepare for one of the best experiences in modeling.

Buy it from a Japanese or Hong Kong source on Ebay and you'll save huge $$$.

If you have to stick with your list, I'll put in a vote for Eduard 109 Emil.  Great kit that I have built and enjoyed

The Cyber Hobby Bf-109 uses a crazy photo-etch system for attaching all the control surfaces.  The whole thing was a bad idea and is a pig to deal with; I'd avoid that kit for that reason alone.  

The Revell 109 doesn't really have the detail to support the larger 1/32 scale IMO.

I have the Academy F-18 in my stash and that looks like a great kit, but that is a different kettle of fish entirely to the WWII builds.  The model will be huge and that is a major, major project.

You have lots of good choices though!  

I lost my mojo over the last few year - sort of got it back by working on simple kits of stuff that I don't normally build (in my case it was a 1/72 skipjack submarine and a 1/16 T72 MBT). I like bigger scales because my eyes aren't as good as they were and my fingers cope better when it's not small. I guess we all have different reasons for losing our mojo - I think I've just genuinely slowed down and changed what I want from my hobby - I'm as happy now with loads of kits on the go and not completed as I once was completing everything. I think I've tapped into what makes me happy in this moment and now live with it. Good luck with yours, if it was me I'd try a completely different subject rather than just swapping scales.