Tamiya F-16C Block 32 available again?

Marcel111

4 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

I am surprised they don't release it as a non-Thunderbirds version, like maybe an export version. It would only take a few small pieces.

It is one of the most discussed topics: why has Tamiya not pushed further expanding this series into a two-seater and the earlier A/B (MLU) models. It is a bit mind-boggling...

16 hours ago, Southern Bandit said:

I dont see any on UK Ebay? I have the CJ (block 50) but wish I'd bought the Thunderbirds kit when it was available.

The ones I see are all coming from Japan and dont look second hand (one from Hong Kong) so maybe it is some sort of limited Tamiya re-release?

I noticed the kit is listed on the Tamiya website so I presume it has been relaunched...

Well, the US site shows it, but has a disclaimer below: https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/list/32plane/kit60301.htm

*Please note that some of these items may no longer be available.
For prices and availability, contact one of our local agents.

Interestingly, the F-16C seems to be the last jet they issued in 1/32 scale (or was it the F-4EJ?)...so, that is longggggg ago....

Yes, no 1/32 jets for about twelve years. We never got a late E or RF Phantom. 

I'd like to see an F-16A-MLU and/or an F-16A-ADF. Waiting to do L'ultima Diana.

The B/D is an ugly thing, like a shark carrying a big jellyfish on its head. 

Tony

I do not think the Block 32 was a good seller in Europe. Before the kit was discontinued it was possible to find it for heavily discounted prices here and there. I even found one in a toy shop for... 80 euros whereas the normal price was close to 140 euros.

I cannot stop thinking they would have sold far more of them with Aggressor markings!

You’d think that if the kit had been officially reissued by Tamiya, it would be listed at places like HLJ and Hobby Search.  It’s not even listed at HLJ and it’s sold out at Hobby Search.  It’s not like Tamiya to do a stealth reissue and only send new product to a couple of eBay sellers.