Best F-4G Conversion

otis252

So since there isn't a GT resin complete conversion set for the F-4G; what all needs to be updated?  This is the list I have so far. let me know if this is correct and anything else I need to add. 

Slats

Nose

intakes

belly strap

exhaust

I will be ordering the speedhunter graphics decal sheet!  Those are awesome.

Greg

Edited by 32scalelover

If you mean for the Revell F-4G, out of my memory:

New nose & pitot tube

Corrected nose antenna plus the missing nose and tail ones

Nose LG leg (should be released soon)

Corrected Air intakes

Belly strap

Belly engine doors

Pylons and missiles if you want to make a late one

If you want more detailed ones: Exhausts, Seats & pit, Main wheels.

Hopefully new corrected front LG well doors will be released.

Hth

Thierry

And for the Tamiya one:

Nose & tail large antennas plus the small ones on the nose and tail sides

Belly strap

Slat wings

Pylons and missiles

Correctly sized exhausts

G instrument panels

Decals

You may also add a better pit and seamless intakes with more accurate vari-ramps.

Thierry

2 minutes ago, 32scalelover said:

I have seen a conversion set from TAC Scale Dynamics/CAM.  Any opinions on this set compared to GT Resin?

Greg

Outdated with not many incorrectly shaped/scaled items. This was valid when this was the only option as this asked for a lot of work to get an acceptable result. Not recommended!

I have a comment/question on this "belly strap" everyone is talking about on the "E" and "G" Models.  Of all the later versions of this airframe I crawled around under at Tyndall, DM and Holloman I looked for said strap and all I found was the pattern for the upgraded spar section.  Now if someone has photographs of the latter airframes with the straps still on during Desert Storm I would like to see them.  Early versions show plenty with the strap on prior to depot upgrades again.

Thanks,

The spliced lower wing torque box featured a thicker skin from 71-237 and up, give or take 1-2 airframes.

Every surviving airfame prior to that (66-69) received the belly strap as part of the LES mod, between 1972 and mid 1977.

It's unlikely to have been removed after retirement.

You can tell the later airframes (ab initio slats) as these have the thicker lower torque box skin. It creates a noticeable lip about a quarter of an inch roughly councident with the landing gear bays, running from the wingfold in.

I've seen both too, and both existed.

Tony

I have the cutting edge F-4E sets and the F-4G set...also the GT Resin sets for the F-4E and G plus intakes and exhaust nozzles...ejection seats...wheels...Pave Spike pod...metal pitot tubes...decals...decals...decals....crewmembers....photo flash doors....gun pods....Israeli refueling probe....Oh my.....I'm a Phantom addict.....

Cheers...Ron