Unnecessary fuselage access panel on Revell 1/32 Fw 190?

VintageEagle

Hello everyone,

While working on the riveting of my Revell 1/32 Fw 190 F-8 I noticed that the kit has an access panel on each side of the fuselage below the horizontal stabilizer. 

I could not find it on any real Fw 190 F/A-8 with the exception of the former Imperial War Museum Fw 190. However, that one came from a Mistel and had some additional fittings that were not standard on F/A-8s. I wonder if these panels were only added on the Mistel aircraft or if they were only added by certain factories or what else the reason was.

Anyhow, I'm going to fill these panel lines on my model. Has anybody else studied this while working on a Revell Fw 190?

Cheers,

Roger

WITH access panel: Imperial War Museum Mistel Fw 190 A-8:

Imperial_War_Museum_Plane_1.jpg

WITHOUT access panel: Fw 190 S-8 Hendon:

0023_London_Hendon_Focke-Wulf_Fw_190_S-8

The two photos are linked from the www. Therefore, I can't circle the panels I am referring to. But here's a photo of the sprue. The small access door can be seen just under the attachment slot of the vertical stabilizer. If you compare with the photos of the actual aricraft above, you will notice that it can only be found on the Fw 190 A-8 at the Imperial War Museum, but not the S-8 (and neither on the NASM F-8). 

01_fs.jpg

10 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

Hello everyone,

While working on the riveting of my Revell 1/32 Fw 190 F-8 I noticed that the kit has an access panel on each side of the fuselage below the horizontal stabilizer. 

I could not find it on any real Fw 190 F/A-8 with the exception of the former Imperial War Museum Fw 190. However, that one came from a Mistel and had some additional fittings that were not standard on F/A-8s. I wonder if these panels were only added on the Mistel aircraft or if they were only added by certain factories or what else the reason was.

Anyhow, I'm going to fill these panel lines on my model. Has anybody else studied this while working on a Revell Fw 190?

Cheers,

Roger

WITH access panel: Imperial War Museum Mistel Fw 190 A-8:

Imperial_War_Museum_Plane_1.jpg

WITHOUT access panel: Fw 190 S-8 Hendon:

0023_London_Hendon_Focke-Wulf_Fw_190_S-8

Cant comment on the access panel, but in first excellent pic, somebody needs to fully close the canopy, also in second pic, have never seen an FW-190 like that, what sort of canopy and after to tail fairing is that? is it a dual seater? It looks real but unreal too!

Would love to see a bigger wider picture of this aircraft.