1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Finished

fightnjoe

Well folks time for another update.  

This time with a little color.

Now before I get into that let me set the background a bit.  Trying to avoid the overspray into the sections that have been cut open I plan to get the exterior of at least the cut side painted.  I also need to do this prior to installing some of the bits and pieces.  

So with that in mind here we go.  The over all interior had been painted with Stynlrez Metal primer.  Once dry Model Master Acrylic Zinc Chromate has been sprayed into the area to the rear of the cockpit.  Model Master Interior Green is sprayed into the cockpit area and the engine area is left with the Metal primer.  In the photos you will notice I did begin placing some of the easier detail parts.

6c3rPMT.jpg
jSLrJ0X.jpg
mgaxMUd.jpg

Next up is the exterior.  First was a coat of Stynlrez Black Primer.  Over this using the Badger Extreme 105 I spray the same Zinc Chromate.  Now at this point let me tell you that I truly hate Model Master Acrylics.  I have had zero luck getting them to spray decent.  This time was no different.  

a9hF9tw.jpg
a0OOAcY.jpg

I am hoping that by doing this layer and then spraying light coats of the top colors I can give the aircraft a faded look with just a hint of the primer coat underneath.

Now as a bonus for this post I can also show the painted engine.

ghwPUpI.jpg
sCjfRoq.jpg

So with this being to this point now I can concentrate on the exterior and get that out of the way.  I believe I will get it all painted as then I will not have to try to get the same mixtures.

As always all comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Well folks it has been an interesting week but moving forward.

Here is an update on the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40E.  

This week is all about the radio and the interior.  To prep for that I needed to get some initial paint on the cut side and then while I had the airbrush out I sprayed some on the uncut side.

GIUcl64.jpg
CfS0S5p.jpg

After that dried for a couple of days on to the radio.

94ktquJ.jpg
ERqS1Ux.jpg
kv59ofV.jpg
Lv32suV.jpg
CcDPP1B.jpg

Next up is to continue the interior with more work in the cockpit.  As for the radio equipment I am pleased with how it looks.  

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

How about another update on the Hasegawa 1/32 P-40E.

First up here are the last pictures of the interior prior to closing the fuselage.

rKKUH2e.jpg

k8h8xwN.jpg

OQYanHu.jpg

With that ready I can begin the reconstruction of the wing.  Starting with the framework.  

aefL4gL.jpg

svfF6J8.jpg

I did do a bit of work on the wing armament.  Here is my rendition of the M-2 fifty cal.

oXZAflV.jpg

And not forgetting.  A picture of the fuselage closed.

i1Rbb1r.jpg

Joe

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:24 AM, fightnjoe said:

Joe

Hi Joe

Terrific detailing job, congrats!

but please, in such a world,  it's terrible what I've to say and that makes me cry ...

As the pilot seat looks a bit over thick, did you think of an other replacement part?

;)

On 12/17/2018 at 1:15 AM, rafju said:

As the pilot seat looks a bit over thick, did you think of an other replacement part?

;)

Many thanks all you are very kind.

As for the seat this is the best one I have.  Yes it is a bit thick.  Still better detail than so many others.

Joe