Undersize Trump. MiG-21 MF Fuselage?

Alain Gadbois

7 hours ago, blackbetty said:

depending on the price i would maybe be in for an MF

would the nose fit a UB?

I did not figure a price yet, as it will depend on all the parts needed in the set. I just found out a new nose cone is needed and there could be more of the kit parts replaced to fit the conversion. I will try to keep the price reasonable.

I think the new fuselage fits the UB kit. The UB has the small F intake so I wonder if there could be an issue with the front wheel well and gear lenth? I have the F kit and I can compare the respective parts to see if there is any problem.

Alain

37 minutes ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Of similar dimension issues. I have a couple of them, only one MF and UB.

I didn't check the F-13 kit's dimensions but I know there's a problem in the cockpit area. The canopy should be angled downward and it's shape is bad. It's missing the bubble shape it should have, obvious when looking at photos. 

Alain

On 10/15/2018 at 1:50 AM, blackbetty said:

depending on the price i would maybe be in for an MF

would the nose fit a UB?

I checked a bit more about your question about the UB and the new fuselage.

A sprue common to all MiGs versions has the rear fuselage parts and front wheel well parts. So there will be no problem with using a UB kit as a base.

14 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Of similar dimension issues. I have a couple of them, only one MF and UB.

Checked the length according to MiG official dimensions and it seems the F-13 kit is a bit short by 3.5mm.

Here are 2 photos of the F-13 at the Smithsonian in Washington DC to show what I meant by canopy shape.

10Wl4ms.jpg

wsUSbMP.jpg

The kit fuselage:

VqUHJhv.jpg

Hi all!

Here's the top of the front fuselage. I will replace the panel with a new one that will be longer and will also feature the correct concave area where the oval is scribed at the front of the part.

The inner detail in the kit still fits correctly if you move it back a bit . So if you have a resin replacement, it will fit also. I don't plan to do all the structural detail on the inside though.

yI4Y35Z.jpg

PjZvrJ0.jpg

André, while looking in the box, I remembered I have the black box set!!! So here it is in place and it fits well when enough resin is removed from the bottom. The only thing is the back part is too vertical. I don't know if it is bent or what, so check yours to be sure.

VgzWYpf.jpg

See how it sticks out ...

6RZRRdX.jpg

Bye for now!

Alain