Erwin

Next group build after "nightfighter" proposal(s).

I don't usually participate in the group builds but I would suggest allowing more build time for this idea. Most twins are a lot more work. I know my B-25 took about a year and my Tamiya Mossie still isn't done after two years

Cheers

A theme like "multi engine" is so broad and would encompass so much disparate stuff, it's really not a coherent theme at all.

Perhaps that is the point?  Trying to keep it really broad so more people participate?

I prefer a theme that is narrower in scope.

The multi-engine theme isn't a heck of a lot more specific than a "stuff that flies in the air" theme!

:hmmm:

17 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

A theme like "multi engine" is so broad and would encompass so much disparate stuff, it's really not a coherent theme at all.

Perhaps that is the point?  Trying to keep it really broad so more people participate?

Yeah, that's very much the point. More specific themes work better in smaller scales where this is a great choice of kits and subjects. They tend not to attract sufficient interest to make them viable as group builds in the LSP realm. Picking themes that find that delicate balance between being specific enough to be coherent, but broad enough to be inclusive, is really difficult! We always err on the side of inclusivity if we can, lest our Group Builds resemble ghost towns.

Kev

Just now, tomprobert said:

I'm keen on the 'multi-engine' theme... I have a 1/32nd Sunderland waiting patiently in the stash and have been looking for an excuse to start it :)

Now that I'd love to see!

Kev

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

Hi,

I've always known for GB's to be as broad as possible so every type of builder can join without excluiding anyone.

The "multi-engine" theme doesn't allow any single-engined kit to be build.That's a HUGE amount.

IMO it's a coherent theme.

But...I only "proposed" the theme with the above in mind. It's not my call to go with this in the next GB.

Other members might also have great themes in mind that they can propose.

Edited by Erwin

I think it is a great idea and 12 months building window would be perfect. The only problem I would have is that I have too many multi-engine projects in the stash, so it will be a hard choice:

Vietnam Intruder

Israeli Kurnass

P-61

Swiss F/A-18C

Me-410

Mosquito

Su-25 in Afghanistan

F-14D Tomcatters

B-17G

and if the come out in time, B-24, the Lanc or the new Kitty Hawk UH-60L Blackhawk.

Whatever it will be, count me in.

David