do you keep all of your finished models?

Vynce804

Hi All,

Ok here is a picture of my one and only display cabinet and i think you can see my issue...its almost full!.  I have a p51 and a p47 on the bench and once they are complete i will have no more room for my completed kits...so what to do!  Im interested to know what everyone else does?..do you recycle them?...throw them away?  give them away?  store them out of sight? or sell them on EBay!

Cheers

Matt

NWe1JIq.jpg

I have the same issue, but you can fit more than two more in there as long as they are not Phantoms. 

I've given many away. Ones that are not that important to me like one of three P-47's one or two of nine Spitty's etc

I started making models in 1942. Frankly I have no idea what happened to many of them over the years.

Don't care either.

Most a stored in large cardboard boxes. Some are hanging from the ceiling. 

I traded some, sold some, stored some, hung some from trees and praciced my marksmanship on them, burnt some, blew up some. Whatever.

:punk: 

Into the bin they go in order of ugliness.  A few weeks ago I completed a kit, hated the shape.  Posted my RFI pics then pitched it.  

I'm the only one at my house who is interested in them.  So, once I need room for something better...  Bye-bye!

I'm lazily designing a new display cabinet in my head...   But I don't know where I'll put it once built.

I keep some of them and sell off the rest. When I build something and I am not real happy with it, I sell it after a couple of months later after the euphoria of completing a model has fizzled out. However if I  like the end results I keep it for quite awhile until it gets old after a few years then I sell it.  

At one time I had about 60 ish 1/48 and 1/32 props and jets spread out amongst my display cases. About ten years ago I started to sell them to make some room for new builds and was surprised how much I was getting for them. Now I have about 18 or so built on the shelf built within the last 4 years and the oldest is probably 7 years old. It's a 1/32 Tamiya A6M2 zero I won 3rd place with at the Loveland CO. Nats in 2013. I really like that one. ^_^

...mostly, yes..., i have several cabinets in my mancave, as well as some shelves, but some of the bigger ones are allowed (by my wify) to stand on the cupboards in the living room.

From time to time i sell some of the build ones, to put some money back on the bank...