Any interest in F4U-5N decals? AVAILABLE last info

blackbetty

ok now, after a lot of testprints (i will spare you the detail) i have now found a way to print white (thanx Rudolf).

this is the first working test print (on a spare wing of an F-117)

45964378424_5413761a84_h.jpgIMG_0851 by karl holubar, auf Flickr

its printed on inkjet paper with a printer that hardens the applied paint, so no varnish necessary :thumbsup:

i have put a lot of thought in this, and i think i will do the following:

all big numbers/letters will be masks. i can cut these myself, but it means everyone will have to choose which plane they want

the inserts in the stars and bars and all things printed on white will be on a solid white, laserprinted sheet to cut out yourself

the bu.nos will be printed white or red (the red may be a two part decal)  EDIT: see below

people, tell me if that would work for you, i do think i can hold the price

Edited by blackbetty

On 12/21/2018 at 12:56 AM, blackbetty said:

dont know if Harold has more canopys, i think he has given all away now. the decals are not included in the resin set, but i can put you on the decal list.

i can make more canopys shipping will, be cheaper if i send more....

as for the decals: i have found a guy locally that made me a testprint yesterday, but he had only white sheet. they were in perfect register and thin enough to use. he will order some clear sheet, but because of the holidays it will take a while...

but the project is not dead

maybe i can ship decals and conopys in bulk and have someone distribute it?

Nope, all the canopies have left the station awhile ago. The molds are pretty much worn out. I was able to get most of the parts poured, but they are rough, but with even more work, usable. Looks like David will have the last set.....

Edited by Harold

update:

i have ordered A3 sized decal material from the UK and am waiting on it. i have deleted all the F3D decals on the sheet (who am i kidding, no one is building it anyway and i have all the stencils for my build from a couple of testprints)

maybe end of January they will be done, stay tuned

Thank You for the continued work - I did purchase one of the last resin sets from Harold last Month

and am anxiously awaiting both a canopy (he was all out) and decals to complete my conversion set!

I did get quote on individual canopy but shipping to the states was very expensive, so agree there should

be one shipment when all set to send bulk amount.

• 2 months later...

before i sell these i conducted some tests that are not quite finished. that means i stuck them on a testbed and put a lot of Mr.mark softener to them

i have to get some ziplock bags and cardboard backed envelopes, so i can maybe start shipping next week

i will keep you posted, watch this space

good that i didnt send out anything before testing :BANGHEAD2:

the markings are not light blue, they are white :BANGHEAD2:

the red markings dissappear on a black background :BANGHEAD2:

IMG-1144.jpg

i hope the printer will work with me, as of now i am out of 250€ and have unusable sheets :BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::blowup:

i am so mad i could throw my ´puter out of the window

Karl, don't despair! Try to put two layers of red decals to see if that is not acceptable (color/thickness). Moreover, adding a very diluted blue glaze over the white decals with an airbrush would slightly alter the colors. This is not perfect for sure but this is still better than no decals! Last, if you clearly gave the color values to the printer and he did not comply with them, he should solve your problem.