Weathering your Heinkel

Gazzas

I don't know, I try to keep my Heinkel pretty clean. Oh, wait...:)

Nice pics, Gaz! Despite what they say about the planes not lasting long enough to get too weathered, it is obvious it didn't take long for fading, wear from service and repair, and fuel and oil leaks. Good reference!

I do wonder if the stencils show up so bright due to 1940's high contrast film? Wish they handed out more color film in WWII.

3 hours ago, Old Dog said:

I agree they tend to be way over done but there are panel lines visible in spite of the very dark colors.

WIth black 2' borders on either side?   

Don't think anyone has issues with highlighting panel lines, it's the silly "preshading craze where each and every panel line is slavishly outlined with a thick black border.   Hence the checkerboard or "plaid" look.  

On 9/9/2018 at 12:42 PM, Chek said:

Just because it's niggling me that I can't figure it out, can anyone say what the dark object beside the port rail of the sliding canopy hood is?

I wonder if it's not on the plane but dirt on the camera lens of the plane taking the picture ??

29 minutes ago, npb748r said:

I wonder if it's not on the plane but dirt on the camera lens of the plane taking the picture ??

Never say never, but I think it most likely a window hatch as suggested. I've seen them on the olde He 111 B Pedro types (just discernible in the photo below), but was unaware they were carried over to the 'modernised' fully glass nosed types.

7919208268_5596c89613_o.jpg

Edited by Chek
photo