Revell USA rises like a Phoenix....

Big Texan

Just saw on Facebook a post from the new Revell USA. Post was 38 mins old. It states:

Dear Revell fans,
Revell USA, LLC and Revell GmbH are now one consolidated company. We are currently producing new products for the US market, developing a new website and updating the consumer service process. Unfortunately we are unable to service parts requests at this time but we will resume as soon as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Well, it should be very interesting to see what comes out in the near future! I know a lot of you aren't really big fans of the old kits, but some of us still are, and still very much enjoy them. Also, there are the 1/32 kits that Revell Germany had been putting out. This gives hope that they will continue in this as well. This is very good news. So, go to Facebook and search for Revell USA and see the site. That's all pardners!

:tumble:

1 hour ago, Madelf75 said:

I hope so Revell Monogram are great kits 

Indeed they are ! I just bought an original Monogram 1/48 F-14A Tomcat. Got the same kit from my mom in 1984 while we were visiting our uncle at Rammstein Airbase in Germany. Brings back some great memories.

3 hours ago, Big Texan said:

Just saw on Facebook a post from the new Revell USA. Post was 38 mins old. It states:

Dear Revell fans,
Revell USA, LLC and Revell GmbH are now one consolidated company. We are currently producing new products for the US market, developing a new website and updating the consumer service process. Unfortunately we are unable to service parts requests at this time but we will resume as soon as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Well, it should be very interesting to see what comes out in the near future! I know a lot of you aren't really big fans of the old kits, but some of us still are, and still very much enjoy them. Also, there are the 1/32 kits that Revell Germany had been putting out. This gives hope that they will continue in this as well. This is very good news. So, go to Facebook and search for Revell USA and see the site. That's all pardners!

:tumble:

I have fond memories of the old kits and I have a few, but my problem with a lot of the reissues is that many of the molds are worn out.

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

This is confusing as heck.  Revell, Inc went out of business.  Reportedly, all of the old Monogram and other old (Aurora, etc) molds that Revell, Inc owned were sold to another company unrelated to Hobbico or Revell.  

Now Revell GmbH creates “Revell USA, LLC” to confuse matters.  Will there be a physical presence in the US, or is this just a shell for marketing in the US?  

To me this move opens up more questions than it answers.

A shell for marketing to be sure, but possibly also a physical presence such as Dragon and Zoukei-Mura have, which acts as a way to get product into the U.S. more cheaply and faster to the American consumer rather than ordering from an overseas warehouse.

Nearly all my armor purchases have been from Dragon's California facility due to the deluge of sales and reasonable and quick shipping. If not for that, I would have been ordering from Chinese vendors on ebay and likely ordering less.

23 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

This is confusing as heck.  Revell, Inc went out of business.  Reportedly, all of the old Monogram and other old (Aurora, etc) molds that Revell, Inc owned were sold to another company unrelated to Hobbico or Revell.  

Now Revell GmbH creates “Revell USA, LLC” to confuse matters.  Will there be a physical presence in the US, or is this just a shell for marketing in the US?  

To me this move opens up more questions than it answers.

Revell USA went out of business. What used to be known as Revell of Germany

still exists after being purchased by the German company Blitz (part of an

international investment group called Quantum Capital Partners) and is now

called Revell. They purchased all the Revell USA held trademarks Snap Tite and

Snaptite, Junior Kit, Bad Medicine, Renwal, RM Kustom, California Wheels, Monogram,

Pro Modeler, Revell Monogram, Red Baron, Ice T, and many more.

A model company called Atlantis has purchased 'some' of the molds that are still here

in the U.S. but it's not clear which ones.  Some info here . It shouldn't be long to

find out what they have as they say they'll be releasing in the first quarter of next year.

It's not likely there will be another Revell USA but there will be a U.S. distributor.

(still can't figure the Revell USA facebook page  :shrug: )

It all seems perfectly clear ... no ?   :huh:

My post wasn't just for 'your' edification.

If you knew all that , why did you say you were confused ?

Revell Gmbh has formed a consolidation with a new Revell USA

(both still owned by Blitz).

They may have 'legally' been Revell Inc and Revell Gmbh but they

were 'called' Revell Germany and Revell USA. There used to be

Revell subsidiaries in Great Britain, Australia, Switzerland,

Brazil and Japan. (but of course you already knew that  ;) )

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how it all falls out.  It sounds like all of the molds have been bought by someone, so that’s good news.  To be honest, it really won’t matter if the box says Revell, Revell USA, Pegasus, or whatever.  No sense getting all spun up about this right now.  The kits will come, or not, and we’ll deal with it.

Arguing over the semantics of Revell and Revell Germany has no value.  As long as there are two companies called Revell, one headquartered in the US, and one in Germany, putting out kits in boxes with different logos, people are going to use those names to differentiate them, regardless of their legal corporate names.  If Revell USA is just going to be a distributor of Revell kits boxed in Germany, like Dragon USA is for Dragon, then it will just be Revell.  If Revell USA puts out different kits, or kits in different boxes, as before, then it’s back to two names.

It’s like trying to stop people saying “Me109”.  Never happen.  Why fight it?