CF188B weapon load?

panzerrob

Hi guys,

I'm building Academy's F18D as a CF188B as it was flying around in the 90's!

What would be a normal weapons load at that time on pylons 8, 6 ,4 and 2?

I have no clue, but I would like to include 3 big fueltanks ( on pylons 3, 5 and 7) as it looks pretty cool, and the AIM9 at the wingtips.

The AN/ASQ-173 LDT/SCAM, AN/AAR-50TINS and AN/AAS-38 FLIR look nice, but fits in the 1990's period?

That was the time I was a spotter and aircraft modeller, before turning over to the Panzer side of our hobby.

GRReetz,

Rob

If you are doing early 90's then no pods, late 90's just the Nitehawk targeting pod, the Sniper pod came later. Here is a little history of the C-18:

https://documents.techno-science.ca/documents/CASM-Aircrafthistories-CF-18Hornet.pdf

in it you'll find out when and which pods came into use by the CF-18 among other details. As for other things to hang from the stations, it depends on which time period and which squadron you are doing but the B could carry anything the single seater could. The basic air to air load was 2-4 Sparrows (2 Stn 4 & 6, 4 Stn 2,4,6 & 8) and 2 Sidewinders. Air to ground early 90's, your standard bombs, rocket pods and cluster bombs. Only for squadrons stationed in then West Germany in the early 90's would carry a mixed loaded of live air to air and air to ground weapons. Late 90's Maverick, GBU-12 and GBU-10 were added to the CF-18's arsenal. Hope this is a start, once you decide which era i think i can be of more help.

Jari

Hi Rob. I was in Baden from 83-87, first on the CF-104 and then the CF-18, we had 2 CF-18Bs, 918 & 919 (which crashed in 87) . They got loaded just like the single seaters, for alerts 2 AIM-9 on the tips, 2 AIM-7 on Stn 4 & 6 (the Sparrows showed up just after i left), 3 external tanks were carried at times leaving Stn 2 & 8 for VERs with mainly 2 BL-755, or 2 Mk-82 Snakeyes, 2 LAU-5003 rocket pods or 2 Mk-20 Rockeyes. When 1 ext tank was carried, Stn 5, the wing pylons each had VERs with the above weapon loads for a total of 8. 

Jari