Gateway IPMS Show and Swap this weekend! 9/8/18

Shawn M

16 hours ago, Daniel460 said:

Had a great time with K2 and Shawn! K2 did bring the chips but wouldn't take them out of his car....:P We had to eat Shawn's. Lots of great builds, Shawn's models looked excellent , it's one thing to see a build on the forums and then to see them in person.

Lot's of vendors, the wife and I did well thinning my stash.....I'm kinda scared....she enjoyed taking all the green stuff and is talking about some more thinning of the stash........:help:

We really had a great time K2 and Shawn, thanks for all the help with the Death Star info search.

K2 was kind of quite and reserved, I thought he would be more out going being a Moderator and all.....:rofl:

Thanks again guys.....:thumbsup:

Dan & Sheri

Yes, I do tend to be quite bashful in person. :)

The conversation that you, Shawn and myself had with Izzet (Lots of Models), was quite the eye opener. All in all, a great day, at least as far as I'm concerned. Helping to figure out the Death Star dilemma (or at least pointing you in the right direction), was quite cool too. It was great meeting you and your other half as well, Daniel; I'm mighty glad you enjoyed the event.

Any word on how Shawn did with his Typhoon and other items? I left before the awards presentation.

(I'll spring for a bag of chips the next time, for sure.)

Had an amazing time yesterday with everyone!

I was honored to receive the following awards:

Typhoon- 2nd in class

Cobra- 1st in class (amazed by this, our chapter is TOUGH when it come to cars)

SAS Jeep, 3rd in class

Vanship, 2nd in class

Had a ball, learned a lot and remotivated to kick some butt on my UHU build

Congrats on the Trophies Shawn, well deserved! I was pretty sure the Daytona cobra was a shoe in along with the Typhoon. The SAS had some pretty tough competition, but a beautiful and well detailed build. The Vanship was kewl!:thumbsup:

Kind of surprised at the B-17 win...:o

Dan

8 hours ago, Shawn M said:

Had a ball, learned a lot and remotivated to kick some butt on my UHU build

Me too, as it applies to my G-14, and especially since Scott P. announced that he's switching to 1:32 scale, though I really hope he doesn't.

15 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Same plaques as usual?

That always had me wondering..................

My club normally tries to mix the trophy thing up, plaques, dragons tail medals, medals on ribbons, challenge coins and other smaller wooden type trophies. I was always glad they didnt stick to the same thing over and over on the awards side of things.    Did they get a good deal on a large # one type of plaque?