Gateway IPMS Show and Swap this weekend! 9/8/18

Shawn M

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

That always had me wondering..................

My club normally tries to mix the trophy thing up, plaques, dragons tail medals, medals on ribbons, challenge coins and other smaller wooden type trophies. I was always glad they didnt stick to the same thing over and over on the awards side of things.    Did they get a good deal on a large # one type of plaque? 

One of our long time members, owns an engraving shop, so he's become our default supplier over all these years and years of shows. As to why the style itself never changes, I really have no idea, as he has plenty of other alternatives available.

One of the principal reasons I enjoy competitions "on the road", is that if I'm fortunate enough to place in the show, the awards themselves are invariably different than the cookie cutter awards handed out locally. If all works according to plan, I'll be headed to Madison, Wi in March, specifically hoping to place, and therefore bringing home something different. .

5 hours ago, Shawn M said:

remember, if that G14 isn't done, i get smack the crap outta you lol

What a dilemma for me then, eh? Just a thought, but if I complete the G-14 in time and accidentally win something in Madison, I'm not sure if it's ethical or not to enter it into a lesser competition, like our local event, given that Madison is a regional. Would that take me off the hook?

6 minutes ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

What a dilemma for me then, eh? Just a thought, but if I complete the G-14 in time and accidentally win something in Madison, I'm not sure if it's ethical or not to enter it into a lesser competition, like our local event, given that Madison is a regional. Would that take me off the hook?

Thats what happened with my little Extra. Busted ballz trying to get it finished for the NATs, and took home something, so its pretty much done for IPMS competitions since all the shows Im going to from here on out are regional or local shows. 

1 hour ago, Shawn M said:

I say enter it here too Kev.

Im checking into the WI show, looks to be on sat so we'd have to bail out fri afternoon

Shawn

I'm not sure. As a general rule, "step down" competition is frowned upon by the IPMS, and for good reason. Fortunately for me, my schedule is almost infinitely flexible, so that's no issue at all (assuming that I actually finish something).