Flying Leathernecks Decals - FL32006 AV-8B II Plus 'Hell Raising Harriers'

Dave Roof

I just finished this sheet about an hour before this post. 8.5 x 11 inch sheet covering six AV-8B II Plus Harriers from VMA-542 (x 3), VMA-214 (x 1), and VMA-231 (x 2) as they appeared during their respective combat tours in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Inherent Resolve. A small addendum sheet includes the intake warning chevrons. The VMA-542 and VMA-214 options are in the three tone scheme, while the two VMA-231 options are in the newer two tone scheme. Retail will be $15.00

This sheet will go to print with, or shortly after FL32004 F/A-18D Devil Dog Deltas. 

FL32005 will be an Ordnance Data sheet and FL32007 will be a stencil data sheet for the AV-8B. Full stencils to complete two aircraft, one in the three tone scheme of 36118, 36231, 36320 and one in the two tone scheme of 36118 and 35237. Complete airframe, cockpit, landing gear and wing pylon stencils will be included, as well as stencil data for LAU-7 launchers, TER's and fuel tanks.

FL32006_AV-8_B.jpg

Here is the updated profile for one of the VMA-231 options. I'll post the updated profiles as I finish them.

I'll be sending this to print later today and will be opening up the pre-orders later this afternoon. The email feedback and messages I received through Facebook have been enough to move this up in the queue.

VMA-231_CG04.jpg

Edited by Dave Roof

With the help of Jake Melampy of Speed Hunter Graphics and Geoff Martin of Furball Aero-Design, I was able to update my AV-8B profiles. Jake sent me his drawing of the aircrew and Geoff let me use the wing from his Harrier profile to complete mine. I'll be updating the remaining profiles and will post them as they're completed.