AMC Dh.9 WNW

scvrobeson

Hey guys,

Sorry for the break between posts.  Been quite busy with work, but have been plugging away at the Dh.9.  Got all the decals on, and did a bit of the weathering.  Putting the roundels on was a challenge, since they have to fit around the aileron control pulleys, but that's why they invented hair dryers to help the decals conform.  Just a few touchups needed on them.

Still have a bunch of weathering to go, including all the underside weathering.

Hope you guys enjoy. Please let me know what you think.

56PuA9x.jpg

bhmVCub.jpg

6r3LeSO.jpg

ENNlaOD.jpg

KuIj69d.jpg

PRZ1tCZ.jpg

MKzZsCS.jpg

UgXBtQW.jpg

oZu18no.jpg

6h1qZTv.jpg

CONTINUED

Thank you so much everybody!  Really glad you all like it!

Yes, the roundel placement definitely could have been better. Pretty much anywhere else would have been better, but there was probably some sort of rule about where they had to be.

Getting to work on the underside weathering. Probably going to be a light filter, and then some thinned Smoke over the roundels to show the structure

Matt 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been awhile since I did an update on this one, but the work on it has been slow.  Did the weathering on the fuselage, and have started rigging it.  The plan is to completely rig the fuselage and wings separately, then bring them together at the end to run the last lines between them. Should give me much better access to work with.

qHcrR9z.jpg

ATJweTQ.jpg

mpEQ9FM.jpg

m8omv9q.jpg

auQW6Oz.jpg

iL5swhi.jpg

RFGPsST.jpg

maL4VnY.jpg

Doing the rudder and elevator lines were quite tedious, just because of how they run.  Can't even imagine how the guys do Fe.2b and Dh.2s with all of that rigging.  This is tough enough.

Happy holidays and Happy New Year everybody. Hope it's a happy and healthy one.

Matt

Thanks very much Gaz!  Glad you like the work.  Just waiting on more wire terminals before I can continue rigging the wings. Forgot how many of them that I got through on each kit. Need to order them more than one set at a time with the number of British subjects in the pipeline.

Matt