AMC Dh.9 WNW

scvrobeson

8 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Thank you guys.  You are too kind.  I'm glad that you like the work on it.  My new set of wire terminals just arrived today, so hopefully I can get a bunch of the wing rigging done before heading back to work on Monday.

Matt 

Excellent news Matt, ooking foward to your next installment of this great build.

Regards. Andy

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 10:23 AM, scvrobeson said:

Took things in a different direction, and decided to paint the wings first and get those done.  Started off masking the ribs and spars, and hitting them with a mix of Tamiya XF-52 and XF-68.  Then Mr. Color 44 Tan over the top, which is more accurate for Irish Linen.  Then fading with Mr. Color 69 Off White, then one last blend coat with 44 Tan.

R9tkXtk.jpg

PzGu4pn.jpg

5X2cxV4.jpg

pYiJ9dl.jpg

Let me know what you guys think about it!

Matt 

This is a work of art, I love the details. 

• 3 weeks later...

Work has been continuing on the Dh.9, and it is officially on the home stretch now.  The rigging it about 98% complete, and then it's just finishing up the Cooper bombs, and the little bracket that holds the extended exhaust pipe on.  Then one last dusting of Semi-Gloss, since WW1 planes were not flat like their later counterparts.  They were glossy at the beginning of service, and became maybe semi-gloss or satin as they weathered.

CM0t1Km.jpg

sWibY1c.jpg

lrdsmxt.jpg

9hvgGZW.jpg

5auaWiH.jpg

3fe7nTq.jpg

3Nn1ztO.jpg

kCOXH1z.jpg

nbt5WLV.jpg

ADo2e7D.jpg

k1IdJvA.jpg

Matt