AMC Dh.9 WNW

scvrobeson

I've now moved on to doing the PC10 on the upper surfaces.  Started with pre-shading XF-27 Black Green, then the base coat of MRP PC10 Early.  Then a pale green highlight followed by an XF-4 Yellow Green hyper-thinned to tint the highlight a bit more yellow.  Then one last blend coat over the top.  It is hard to take pictures of though because the MRP stuff is glossy

XQvWlsE.jpg?1

LplnUyH.jpg

8k0Is8E.jpg

p2uSJis.jpg

uL8Z4mS.jpg

Lel4a6a.jpg

All of the white parts were masked instead of using decals.  Just easier that way.

Now the challenge I have is masking the engine to paint the fuselage.  The tolerances around it are so tight, and I don't want to rip all the wires off. Anyone have ideas?

Matt 

Now the fuselage is about 70% done.  Got the stripes painted beforehand, didn't trust the decals to be opaque enough over the PC10.  Did the basecoat and highlighting using a mix of Gunze Mr. Color paints thinned about 80% with Mr. Leveling Thinner.  Then a blend coat using the MRP PC10, and it was time to de-tape everything.  Looks pretty good if I do say so myself.  Now for a bit of weathering, then sealing and glossing for decals next.  Let me know what you guys think

DBV4BDs.jpg

njIAIIN.jpg

fR8f9hh.jpg

yRcItNS.jpg

mHxKy3W.jpg

umQeYry.jpg

bOrxb17.jpg

6DoqzzW.jpg

dJkhR8j.jpg

Zl4UTko.jpg

The dents in the nose cowling are accurate to the plane.  They were done with the Dremel and some tiny grinding bits

Matt 

Thank you so much for the nice comments guys. Really means a lot to know people like the work I'm doing.  Gave everything a gloss coat today, now it will sit and cure for a couple days before I start decaling

Matt