Any Korean War F-51 Mustang Decals Out There?

John1

Folks, my next project will be the Tamiya P-51 (Pacific version), built as a Korean War Mustang.   Question is - does anyone offer decals of these aircraft?    Can’t find anything with a quick google search.    

Any info is much appreciated.  

John 

Edited by John1

Pretty pleased with the AIMS decal set.  They have some pretty nice subjects.  That being said, it's somewhat disappointing that they are the only ones releasing a Korean War decal set for the large scale Mustang.   If I wanted an 8th AF subject, I'd have dozens of sets to choose from.   For the entire Korean War, there is only one?  

They are nice decals. If you are going to do a RF mustang with the blue spinner and wingtips the decals do not give you the white  Polka dots. You'll have to make your own.

Maxim.

Edited by Maxim

Kagemusha, had a kind gent on ARC hook me up with the HVAR’s and launchers so I’m good to go.  Theyll look nice with a couple of those yellow-ish napalm tanks!

Maxim, I noted that.   I really like that RF-51.   Not sure how I could replicate all those small white dots.   

On 9/7/2018 at 3:05 PM, John1 said:

Pretty pleased with the AIMS decal set.  They have some pretty nice subjects.  That being said, it's somewhat disappointing that they are the only ones releasing a Korean War decal set for the large scale Mustang.   If I wanted an 8th AF subject, I'd have dozens of sets to choose from.   For the entire Korean War, there is only one? 

In varying degrees, Korean war stuff seems to be somewhat poorly represented, generally speaking. When looking for cool Korean war stuff in 1:32; F9F, F-80, F-84, I actually found some, but not all that much.

Hi John,

I just had DN Models make me a masking set for the dots for the RF-51D that's on that decal sheet. I had them upsize a scan of the older 1/48 Superscale decals for the diameter of the dots. Would you be interested in masking your dots? I could PM you their email address.

May I ask who makes a good set of rockets and tabs for the Tamiya 1/32 P-51D/K? I'd like to get a set or two if I could.

Thanks,

Brady

3 minutes ago, MustangManiac said:

Hi John,

I just had DN Models make me a masking set for the dots for the RF-51D that's on that decal sheet. I had them upsize a scan of the older 1/48 Superscale decals for the diameter of the dots. Would you be interested in masking your dots? I could PM you their email address.

May I ask who makes a good set of rockets and tabs for the Tamiya 1/32 P-51D/K? I'd like to get a set or two if I could.

Thanks,

Brady

Brady - please do, that would be greatly appreciated.   Have you built that RF yet?  If so, I'd love to see how it came out.  

WRT rockets and launchers, I've got a set a kind gent on ARC who provided from a Trumpeter kit.   Not exactly high quality (we are talking Trumpeter here) but they will do the job.  I'm hoping with the new Fundekals set for the F4U-1D Corsair that just came out, some folks wouldn't mind parting with those rockets (and the associated decals) since some of the nicest subjects on that decal sheet didn't have the rockets mounted.  The Tamiya HVAR's are superb, I'll be building them shortly for my Corsair.   

Very surprised Tamiya never followed through with an F-51D (or at least included the rockets in their Pacific version release.  They were more common than the triple tube bazooka rigs that they opted to include. 

Regards,

John