Correcting the 1/18th scale GAU-12 gun/ammo pod and "crossover fairing" for the Harrier II and, adding the loadout.

A-10LOADER

15 minutes ago, A-10LOADER said:

Thanks, it's not an ECM pod, I want to add a AN/AAQ-28 Targeting pod to my center line pylon on my Harrier. I sent Dave Roof an email a few weeks back about this subject but, unfortunately he has not replied to me yet.

Steve

Yep, got it that you’re mounting an EO pod (looks way cooler, btw). I meant that the article was discussing the pylon in relation to carrying the ECM pod. 

• A-10LOADER changed the title to Correcting the 1/18th scale GAU-12 gun/ammo pod and "crossover fairing" for the Harrier II and, adding the loadout

Since my new paint booth is up and running I decided to break out the loadout for my 1/18th scale Harrier ( the pre-built version by Merit, not the kit ). I have everything except for a center line pylon for the Litening pod. Maybe someone who's handy with a 3D printer will make one someday ?? hint, hint.

The loadout for the Harrier will be,

x4 GBU-38's with the DSU-33 fuze.

x1 CATM-9.

x1 TATCS pod.

Litening pod on the center line.

The GBU-38's are really impressive and very well done. The TATCS pod was made by Nathan Horchem and, the AIM-9 was cast by a good friend using the Tomcat's AIM-9 as the mold.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7514.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7516.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7518.JPG

Edited by A-10LOADER

• A-10LOADER changed the title to Correcting the 1/18th scale GAU-12 gun/ammo pod and "crossover fairing" for the Harrier II and, adding the loadout.

I'm looking for someone who might be interested in taking on this project. Would any of the 3D printer guys be willing to make me a 1/18th scale Litening pod and center line pylon for my Harrier ? I've added the gun/ammo pods to my jet already and, would like to add this piece as well.

Let me know your thoughts and what it would cost, thanks.

Steve

1 hour ago, A-10LOADER said:

I'm looking for someone who might be interested in taking on this project. Would any of the 3D printer guys be willing to make me a 1/18th scale Litening pod and center line pylon for my Harrier ? I've added the gun/ammo pods to my jet already and, would like to add this piece as well.

Let me know your thoughts and what it would cost, thanks.

Steve

You’re talking about the design & printing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished up three of the four bombs for the most part. Attached the forward strakes, painted the GPS antennas on the tail kit assemblies, flat coated everything including the DSU-33 nose sensors and, had to wait to paint the strake straps and some bolt heads on the tail kit assemblies until my hands weren't so shaky.  I may paint the bomb lugs, I have to see how they'll mount on the racks first. I used a length of 1/16" aluminum rod for the TCTS pod probe and rounded over the tip.

These JDAMS, by Flying Leatherneck Decals, are extremely well done and are like little models all by themselves.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7528.png

(edited)_IMG_7529.png

(edited)_IMG_7530.png

(edited)_IMG_7533.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished up the GBU-38's and the LAU-7 rails and, got them installed. These items make a big difference in the overall look of the jet compared to what she came with. I still need to do the CATM-9 and I'm waiting on the center line pylon, Litening pod and, ACMI pod to be printed and I can finish this project up finally.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7541.png

(edited)_IMG_7542.png