AMT '59 El Camino-COMPLETED-11/21

mustang1989

Thanks guys. Yeah there was a lot of BMF work on this bad boy. Way too much if you ask me but I'm pleased with the results.

Ok fellas....some more done  here. "El Camino" badges and door key lock bezel, headlights, grill, bumpers and little chrome accents all installed. Still have to work on the hood fit, tail lights and some other small issues but it's all but there.

NJKUkW.jpg

Excellent!   That looks wonderful.............hell with a forced perspective pic you may never know its a model

BMF can be tricky. The thing about it is, the smaller/thinner the pieces you cut out of it,  the less effective the adhesive is.   It really can be very effective with larger surface/application areas. 

Looking just excellent, Joe. I'm holding off on my own '59 with camper shell until I'm confident that I can do an OK job with the BMF.  As you may recall, I've had mixed experiences with the stuff, sometimes having results that were actually quite nice and other times just one big old cluster boo-boo after another.

Thanks fellas. I really appreciate you guys comments.

This build all started around 3 months ago for a friend of my son Joseph. He received this kit for a birthday gift and after coming over to the house, asked me to build it. The kit is an old mold and is quite crude in quality but I think I managed to work some of the bugs out of it anyways. I didn't do a whole lot of research on this car and the avid enthusiast will be able to pick up on that pretty quick but still I'm pretty happy with the turn out. I've just about perfected my painting method on autos and I got ALOT of practice with bare metal foil. Thank you to all who followed or commented along the way with this build.

Engine photo and drivers side photos coming soon. The engine photo had a dang dog hair in the middle of it and I forgot the drivers side photo shot. :headslap:

Now............onto the 454 SS build....sSig_Muahaha_zps56835599.gif

gnlVOd.jpg

hTMI8U.jpg

On 11/21/2018 at 3:30 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Wow, looks excellent, Joe. Nice job.

Thanks Kevin.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:43 AM, Shawn M said:

thats sharp, nice stance and a killer finish

'Preciate that Shawn. It took a little bit to get the stance right but I felt pretty good about where it ended up.

On 11/23/2018 at 5:16 PM, Gazzas said:

Joe,

That is a beaut!!   I really love the way you do cars, man!  I know chrome is a pain...  but it looks so much better than painted details.

Truly exceptional!

LUV yer work!

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. Yeah that BMF is a real pain but is worth the labor. Next time I'll be clearing over it though instead of saving it for last.