Trumpeter P-40F

Tony T

That is the scheme of the 2nd P-40F  that I just finished. Note the short antenna mast. My research showed that it was correct for that aircraft and at the time of those markings. Those markings were use because the New Zealand P-40s that they were flying and fighting with where mark that way.

I know it doesn't exist because there are no pictures. You'll all will have have to trust me.

Mike Horina

7 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

I was going to comment on the box art but Brian beat me to it.

Hard to tell if is crashing on take off or crashing on landing? :lol:

I think it's supposed to represent a P-40 taking off.  I believe that the landing gear in the P-40 had a staggered retraction with one gear going up into the wheel bay slightly ahead of the other.

7 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

She looks like a hard landing that bounced and caused a port side gear colapse and the pilot fire-walled the throttle to go-around!!

but, in all seriousness (as Kevin already mentioned) - what’s with the huge span horizontal stabilizers/elevators?? 

Cheers

Alan

Artist depicted EXACTLY what you will get in the box-Trumpeter Special!

On 8/30/2018 at 7:58 PM, mhorina said:

That is the scheme of the 2nd P-40F  that I just finished. Note the short antenna mast. My research showed that it was correct for that aircraft and at the time of those markings. Those markings were use because the New Zealand P-40s that they were flying and fighting with where mark that way.

I know it doesn't exist because there are no pictures. You'll all will have have to trust me.

Mike Horina

Mike

Like these 18 FG 44th FS P-40F's:

Curtiss-P-40F-Warhawk-18FG44FS-W116-Mats

Curtiss-P-40F-Warhawk-18FG44FS-W111-Jack

Curtiss-P-40F-Warhawk-18FG44FS-W111-Jack

One number off from Trumpeter box art.  Sure is a bright color under the rear cockpit glass. Faded Interior Green, Zinc Chromate Yellow or maybe white?

44FS004_zpspip1cyau.jpg

HTH,

Damian