News Flash! Curtis P-40 production line starting up!

1to1scale

It’s been a long 2 whole months since I have mangled any styrene with intent...but the dry spell is over. I have spent the last two months packing, moving, and then unpacking. My hobby room/office is not finished yet, and my work benches are still a week away, but a card gamble and some Tamiya glue is all I need to get started. The walls are painted and carpet is installed, this was a long ordeal because nobody stocks carpet in 15 foot widths except for beige. This MY room! I am going to hang airplane and Star Wars **** all over it! Told my wife to let me (asked politely) do as I please in there.

I spent the last month buying every P-40 I could get my hands on, and accumulating some AM bits and bobs for them. I have also been trying to chase down the final versions of what I wanted to build, the last one decided this morning. To keep me on track, I’m going to stick with these. I now have all the decals and masks on hand or ordered, with the only exception being the Turkish version, which I have not found any decals to make, so I’m going to have to custom mask them. 

6Jy8UYf.jpg

Kj9qlrd.jpg

us2Sho6.jpg

Here we go, let’s see how confusing it gets with 8 planes on the bench!

I’ll start taking pictures in the next couple days, I’m still getting organized and gathering supplies, but I have all the kits and parts piled up in the corner of the closet. All I’m waiting for is one set of decals for #4, from Barracuda.

Hmmm...I swear I haves seen some Turkish decals somewhere. I will look in the stash and see what I have. No promises, my brain is addled with age, but if I find anything I will let you know. I don't plan on doing any Turkish WWII aircraft.

Good luck with the production line; I will be watching with interest as I need to do something to cut into my own stash.

Ray, thanks! I would certainly take em if you got em. If not no big deal, the Turkish emblems are pretty easy to mask, we really are just talking about squares. The onLy challenging part is the star on the tail. 

23 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Ray, thanks! I would certainly take em if you got em. If not no big deal, the Turkish emblems are pretty easy to mask, we really are just talking about squares. The onLy challenging part is the star on the tail. 

Well, my aged brain has failed me. I can't find any decals in the stash. I did find some for Hurricanes, and maybe this is what I was remembering, but if I bought them, I don't know where they are:

techmod-tm32054-hawker-hurricane-mk-iic.

They have them for sale here.

You might want to check out this site, too: Turkish Fighters of 1940.