Flying Leathernecks Decals FL32004 Death Dealing Deltas - F/A-18D at War

Dave Roof

Gentlemen,

This sheet was supposed to go to print a little over a year ago. Due to major changes in my personal life, it had to be put on hold. Things are now back to normal and new sheets are finally going to print. The sheet is 8.5 x 11 inches and includes markings for five F/A-18D's. Four of the options are as they appeared during combat operations. A second addendum sheet includes the remaining markings, including national insignia, intake warning chevrons, aircrew names, MARINES as well as a few others. 

VMFA-232 F/A-18D ATARS WT-03 BuNo 165687 Operation Enduring Freedom, Kandahar Air Base, Afghanistan 2010

VMFA(AW)-533 F/A-18D ED-01 BuNo 164959 Operation Iraqi Freedom, Al Asad Air Base, Iraq 2006

VMFA(AW)-533 F/A-18D BM-401 BuNo 164866 Operation Deliberate Guard, Aviano Air Base, Italy 1997

VMFA(AW)-225 F/A-18D CE-01 BuNo 165684 Operation Iraqi Freedom, Al Asad Air Base, Iraq 2008

VMFA(AW)224 F/A-18D WK-01 BuNo 164699 Unit Deployment Program, MCAS Iwakuni, Japan 2009

Those of you that pre-ordered when this sheet was supposed to be released will be sent two copies. You may notice the VMFA(AW)-332 Lo-Vis option was dropped. This was in great part due to the receipt of clear and definitive reference material for the VMFA-232 F/A-18D ATARS option that replaced it.

I currently have a 1/48 F/A-18A/C/D sheet at print with Microscale. This 1/32 sheet will be sent to print as soon as I receive the 48th sheet back. 

An F/A-18D ATARS conversion will be released in conjunction with this release.

My sincere Thanks to LtCol Mullin, Maj Reneau, Capt Majeski, SSgt Applegate, LCpl Evers and Andy Walker of the RAF for their assistance with research and references.

FL32004_Devil_Dog_Deltas.jpg