Is there a good 1/32 jeep? Update!!

BiggTim

Get one of Dragon's outstanding 1/35 scale Jeeps for about $30 US and forget about the scale difference.  

I have a SAS Jeep project on the back burner right now and I can tell you that a 1/35 scale Jeep (or 1/32 for that matter) is ABSOLUTELY TINY! 

Looks like 1/48 scale or something compared to other 1/35 scale military vehicles.  

Given that it is so small to begin with, the slightly off scale differential may not be that big a deal.

I'm sure it would look tiny in 1/32 scale too.

Ive built a couple 1/35th vehicles and had a  chance to compare one to a 32nd version custom made, and I was actually surprised at the difference.

It's all about what is acceptable to the individual modeler. 

1/35 is unacceptable to me in a 1/32nd dio. The size difference is just way too noticeable to my eyes. Especially the bigger you get in the 1:1 version of the model. Being a Jeep guy, and a 35th hater (for lack of a better term) there's no way I'd be able to mix the scales anyway. 

Jusr personal preference.

It actually reminds me of night I had a long time ago in Italy

I was strolling with a local (customer there) down the streets of Pescara after dinner and not thinking I asked why all the buildings were so modern.

He looked at me, laughed and said it's because you Canadians kinda wrecked the place in the 40's.   I felt like an idiot because I knew that!

It is eye-opening when you are in Europe. In Bath, we stayed in a bed and breakfast in which the original house was built in the 1700's. I noticed few other houses on the street were that old. Turns out our hotel was one of only two or three houses on the street that survived the Blitz.

• 3 months later...

I wound up buying the Tamiya 1/35 jeep, and I'm pretty happy with it. Next to a big 1/32 P-38, the scale difference will be hard to see. 

I didn't know Revell had released those again. I might have to take a look.

Tim

It used to worry me , the difference between 35 & 32 , but after a few long nights working on this layout , I thought , "What the hey, " lets stop worrying and actually finish something for once!

One of these days I'm going to have to learn to take pics properly with a serious camera!

SAM_0442_zpsuifebecv.jpg