Brass undercarriage for Revell Typhoon, & ICM Polikarpovs

Kagemusha

26 minutes ago, chrish said:

Ouch, looks like a hard landing with prop strike, good thing the fuel tank didn’t leak!

Indeed..................the KHM OOB OV-10 gear is about as weak a gear set as I've come across in model aircraft kits.   Ali's set is about as needed there as ANY brass set ever

12 hours ago, Ali62 said:

I am really pleased with what the caster is able to do, and as you can see with the Typhoon and the I-16 and I-153 sets he is able to cast in lots of 'holes' and very fine 'tripod' type parts. All of this is proving to be valuable lessons for me as to what can be achieved for future U/C parts and other parts.

My Typhoon nose gear leg just arrived in the post - thanks Ali.

I'm very impressed with the open apertures and finesse of the cast detail. Under high magnification some extremely minor clean up of a parting line and almost microscopic flash may be required by the overly fastidious, but even those may just as easily disappear under a coat of primer and a top colour coat.

Shame there wasn't a pre-order available on the Revell P-51D canopy parts, but I'll register my interest here if that's OK, Ali.