1/32 Trojan T-28B - Kitty Hawk

Jarda_Hajecek

Happy to present a T-28B/D from Kitty Hawk. I would say many pages have been written on the kit itself. It is a well fitting over-engineered kit with much cleanup required and some illogical ejector studs increasing the cleanup time. Once you are past the initial part cleanup the kit fits together exceptionally well, its just the kit is pieced up to sometimes absurd number of sub-assemblies, which seem to be typical for Kitty Hawk. The kit was built as a commission build for a friend of mine that is building a collection of 1/32 aircraft in tribute to his father. I have enjoyed the build and took some artistic license on hanging the training weapons as the paint schemes for most aircraft in the kit are warbirds anyway. Based on the customer requirement the engine is all closed up, otherwise the kit provides opportunity to open the engine up. One word of warning: at least in my kit the balance weights provided were not enough and I ended up with a tailsitter that was solved by attaching the kit to a wooden base but please be aware and check before you get surprised. 

Cheers, Jarda Hajecek

T-28 Trojan 1/32

T-28 Trojan 1/32

T-28 Trojan 1/32 T-28 Trojan 1/32

T-28 Trojan 1/32

T-28 Trojan 1/32

T-28 Trojan 1/32

T-28 Trojan 1/32

T-28 Trojan 1/32

One of the areas I have yet to see is the extreme weathering that these poor birds suffered. Remember, they lived outdoors in Florida and were the exteriors were “parsimoniously maintained,” at least when I went through VT-5.

well...once again I am unable to insert an image...sorry about that.