Building Japanese

Dandiego

The wing tanks came from a Tamiya Strike eagle, 2nd edition. they were the correct size tanks. Revell tanks for their Phantom series tanks are a good replacement as well. Build thread

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/65263-revell-f-15e-built-as-a-jasdf-aggressor/

Edited by dmthamade

23 hours ago, Daniel Leduc said:

Hey Dan,

Wich one are planning on..?

Dan.

I am planning on doing 32-8082. I don't  know how to link a picture or I would show you.

However it is quite  colorful, with bands of orange, white and a reddish brown. About 2 months ago LSPer " Mr  Smith" began  a wip of the same aircraft. Might be interesting  to follow both builds to see how we both attack the same aircraft. His is based on the Tamiya kit.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

8 minutes ago, Dandiego said:

Yes Brian that is the one.

It is not only the colors, but all of the original stencils with the gray surrounds. It has already got my head spinning trying to figure out how to pull this off.

Looks like fun.

Dan

Did one with TwoBobs set on the Revell kit, the 2009 / 32-8081... that was fun.

Now you can't find that set anymore,  too bad, but at one point I was going to make another double seater aggressor

and the easiest way I found back then was to paint my Eagle first,  got myself some 2, 3 and 4mm tape to put where

the stencil was going to be, do the camo, then take them out before the clear....

My 2 cent....

Dan.

The Two Bobs sheet does have grey backgrounds on the stencils, but the background could be bigger. The stencils themselves aren't that great, unreadable some were misaligned. No matter what way you do it, you're in for a long masking session. I painted all colors first, didn't want successive masking pulling up previous masking. If you care about the vague stencils, look at the Tamiya JASDF F-15J kit decals, if you're going to mask and paint all grey, the far better kit decals are a good choice.

Don

Dan,

I had seen these while searching  for decals. I am not familiar  with this company and the price for the set that  I saw was much higher. I will probably  use the  2 bobs decals along with some from the Revell sheet.

But nothing  is set in stone yet.

Dan

A little progress....

I have put some dark Ghost Grey on the upper fuselage.  I have preshaded the panel lines with a marker!!  I know that some consider this as a bad move but it works for me. I was able to apply the shading over the entire airframe in only 20 minutes. The marker seems to soak in to the flat paint and does not present any problems on the color coats to follow. Anyway here are the photos.

LPLAjW4.jpg

Hs7NLX4.jpg

OUCx6ja.jpg

Go ahead....Fire away.

Dan